Still thinking of my ex, and don't know why...

KeepMe

Has anyone else been confused, and caught between current partner, and ex? I'm not sure if this is a good place to put this thread, I havn't cheated, and don't plan to ... I guess I feel it's infidel to my current partner because I still think a lot about my ex. I'm not even sure why either.

I got a bit' bored of my ex which is why we split up, he had a lot of growing up to do, and getting some "life" experience. A day that consisted of video games, and no real goals was what he was into. I still miss the good side of him, when we actually did stuff together, and had a lot of fun.

My current boyfriend is really nice, and sweet, VERY caring. Yet, I still think of the good times with my ex ... and I'm pretty sure I could have my ex back, but I don't want to leave my current partner either. Now I'm stuck missing my ex, but I'm still happy with my current guy, it just feels really weird.

Any advice? Anyone ever felt like this too?

My advice is to try very hard to forget about your ex. Delete photos, emails, phone numbers, texts, block him on facebook. If you hold onto any shred of feeling for your ex, you are doing yourself a huge disservice for your future relationships down the road, and you are being especially unfair to those who want to share his life with yours if you are still not over your ex.

If you current bf is good for your life, then don't ruin it by drudging up the past. Emotional cheating is still cheating. If your heart is not into the relationship, then he deserves a woman who could give him her all, just as you deserve a man who can do the same for you.

I actually completely disagree with that advice!

I don't think we ever completely forget our ex's... they are part of who we are and where we are going in the future!! You will always think back to the good times you have had in your life (and so you should) and some of those will involve past boyfriends!! I still have VERY fond memories of when I went travelling with my ex ex bf nearly 6 YEARS ago, I talk about them, share stories and have all the photo's in an album... but it doesn't mean I have a shread of romantic feeling left for my ex!!!

I believe that if you start to make thinking these things 'wrong' you are only going to build up guilt which is going to negatively effect your current relationship. If anything it sounds like you don't miss you ex romantically, you miss what you did together... so why not make some suggestions to your current bf of things you'd like to do??

Just resist making actual contact with your ex- cos if something happened there, then that is something you cant take back and its a whole diffent ball game... just put those feelings where they belong... innocently in the past... lovely memories... and if u like your new guy throw your energy into perfecting your new relationship!!

Archived