single awareness day

im_the_undead

it's funny how every year, right before valentines day, my relationships seem to fail.

i think i heard that february is the biggest breakup month of the year. and yes....i have break up many times during this time. you should always celebrate your life, whether your in a romantic relationship or not. valentine's day is about our heart...we share that with so many. now that i am in a relationship after many years, i don't view VD as a romantic holiday....i view it as a love holiday.

Valentines Day is a relationship killer. It kind of forces people to let the SO know where they stand in the relationship.

Very true--

I think it forces people to think about how they REALLY feel about another. Some think it's all just a commercialized hoax to spend money--but the reality is that those truly in love absolutely LOVE the opportunity to shower the one they love with gifts and gestures.

Being single at this time only reminds us that we haven't got that and it becomes quite lonely. Luckily, V-day is on a Sunday this year so we can easily avoid it--no watching 100's of the people in the office getting flowers or whatnot from those who love them.

TIP---send YOURSELF something! Show yourself that you love YOU!

I suppose all the romance and massive reminders of love around the place make people look up and go 'oh wait, am I actually feeling this?'

Is this true? That's pretty sad if it is.

Very true--

I think it forces people to think about how they REALLY feel about another. Some think it's all just a commercialized hoax to spend money--but the reality is that those truly in love absolutely LOVE the opportunity to shower the one they love with gifts and gestures.

Being single at this time only reminds us that we haven't got that and it becomes quite lonely. Luckily, V-day is on a Sunday this year so we can easily avoid it--no watching 100's of the people in the office getting flowers or whatnot from those who love them.

TIP---send YOURSELF something! Show yourself that you love YOU!

Excellent suggestion!

Is this true? That's pretty sad if it is.

Only a guess, I don't need a special day of the year to question my own feelings but I wonder if some people buzz along for a while happily not analysing how they feel, and then Valentines Day with it's forceful reminders to express exactly how in love you are using the medium of plush toys and chocolate hearts comes along and demands you emote right now.

And then maybe some people, after trying to put their heart into it, realise it's been the wrong shape for the hole all along.

Only a guess, I don't need a special day of the year to question my own feelings but I wonder if some people buzz along for a while happily not analysing how they feel, and then Valentines Day with it's forceful reminders to express exactly how in love you are using the medium of plush toys and chocolate hearts comes along and demands you emote right now.

And then maybe some people, after trying to put their heart into it, realise it's been the wrong shape for the hole all along.

Makes sense. Pretty sad if it takes a snake oil salesman peddling useless crap to get some folks to consider what they're doing with their lives. I mean the holiday is fun as a goof, but there's not much more to it than that.

Makes sense. Pretty sad if it takes a snake oil salesman peddling useless crap to get some folks to consider what they're doing with their lives. I mean the holiday is fun as a goof, but there's not much more to it than that.

I wish every day was Valentine's day. I'd prefer honesty to being strung along in someone else's fears of being alone.

I wish every day was Valentine's day. I'd prefer honesty to being strung along in someone else's fears of being alone.

no kidding. it's about love...not the special someone...it's all your family and friends...enjoy your life and stop putting all the pressure on yourself. it will keep men and women at bay.

Archived