What are the normal interests of a thirty year old?

indopastlife

All relative. You're going to get a different answer from pretty much everybody. I'm 34 and yeah once in a while I don't mind going out to bars. I like to do more things at home now than before. I enjoy going for walks/jogs, work out and splurg alittle on fine dining.

I still like to go to bars, and have a laugh and have fun. is this immature for somebody of 30?

Or are interests, like all other things in life, relative and subjective?

This is why until I was about 25 I wouldn't consider dating someone older (when I could choose). I just thought we wouldn't have much in common. I liked being in school and all that came with it and didn't want to be with someone who talked about school as 'the good old days'.

Interests are different at different ages, I'd think that a 30 year old (unless he already lives this kind of lifestyle) would be done with 'the bar scene' & into other stuff. Once and a while is ok but not every weekend (and not weekdays).

Whatever you want them to be. Hang out at Chuck E Cheese if you feel like it. They have videogames and good pizza

If you want to go to a bar and have fun and laugh, that's perfectly fine. I'm 30 and I don't mind going to a bar once in a while, I like hanging out in book stores, going for a walk/lift weights a little bit, play videogames, surf ENA, read books, spend time with family, work, draw, and if I have a girlfriend, whatever interests she has in addition to that

I still like to go to bars, and have a laugh and have fun. is this immature for somebody of 30?

Or are interests, like all other things in life, relative and subjective?

I believed it's more stereotyped than anything else.

I never liked bars or clubs.

Most of the time I would get into fights due to my friends at the time.

So as much as I would see the oblivious people liking the noise, the strangers rubbing up against each other, the hitting on for a ****, the women thinking they are better than they really are, seeing my own female friends change into ego trippers while there, like someone totally different......all this.......does not appeal to me and never did.

I like cosy bars but I never liked clubs, made me feel lonely. I like going for dinner with a partner. I love the cinema, theatre, concerts, could go a couple of times a week. I also like going for a coffee a cake and a chat. A lot of my time is occupied by my music, otherwise I like doing anything, I used to try stuff out on my days off like iceskating, swimming, belly dancing, modern museums, evening classes. Frankly my interests haven't changed, I used to like the same stuff even 10 years ago.

This is why until I was about 25 I wouldn't consider dating someone older (when I could choose). I just thought we wouldn't have much in common. I liked being in school and all that came with it and didn't want to be with someone who talked about school as 'the good old days'.

Interests are different at different ages, I'd think that a 30 year old (unless he already lives this kind of lifestyle) would be done with 'the bar scene' & into other stuff. Once and a while is ok but not every weekend (and not weekdays).

why is this so?

Q: What are the normal interests of a thirty year old?

A: Whatever "thirty year old" chooses for himself, as long as he do not hurt other people.

well, i still feel like going out and having a laugh, do most people my age do this?

I have other more mature interests too (like reading books, going to lectures, etc.), but I find it's in my nature to live richly and have interests that are enthralling.

well, i still feel like going out and having a laugh, do most people my age do this?

My opinion is that it is less important what people my age do.

There are people your age, and older than you, who are going out and having a laugh... And there are those who are younger than you and never go out... It is absolutely your choice.

Archived