So some of you might know about my story but bottom line is I ruined a good thing and she left me. We haven't talked for only 5 days and I have accepted that and I am moving on. Anyways she emailed me today and told me her life was basically at a stand still and she is moving to finish school and doesn't know if this is the right thing to do. She told me she loves me and wishes to keep in touch when she moves back, only a couple hours away. Anyways I am not reading into it by any means. It didnt say we should get back together, it just said if I didnt do what I did we still would be together. I am not going to stop her or try and get back together with her. I am not going to try to stop her from completing school and move on. Even if she did say lets get back together I couldnt and I wouldn't. My quiestion is I am not over by any means but like I said I have accepted it and moving on with my life. How if at all do I respond. I would kinda like to not respond and heal more. She knows how bad this has been for both of us and I told her that we couldnt talk if we were going to heal.

Well, I think if you need your time away from her, and you dont want to be rude by not responding then you should send her a simple email back.

Be honest, but if you dont think you should be in contact for a while, then let her know that at some point you hope you can be in each others lives in some way (if thats what you want) but for the time being you think it would be best if the two of you didnt communicate for a while. Keep it simple, dont put any timeframes on it, just leave it at that. Then either she will contact you again at which point you can decide to ignore or respond, or you wait until you feel like you are ready to contact her first (or perhaps not at all)

I would answer and tell her she should do what's best for her. What makes her happy the most. That she should finish school if this is what she wants and follow her dreams. That you are sorry you did whatever you did that separated you (if you are indeed sorry) and just wish her the best. If you don't want her to contact you again so you can heal, tell her so. Explain that you are having a hard time with this and you need to go NC so you can heal. In the future you can be friends again if you want.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Archived