Maybe it's Me, Maybe I'm Thinking Crazy??

Crazy Ladee

So here's the thing, I have been with my boyfriend for two years. The beginning of our relationship was EXCITING!!! He was always eager to take me out to different places, and treat me to dinner, movies and many other things. But approaching our two year anniversary he started to get a little...blahh. Instead of always wanting to go out, he wanted to stay in the apartment, watch tv and sleep.....thats what he classified as fun. Whenever I tried to get him to come out and do something as a couple, he would always say, "I don't feel like it", but whenever his friends called, he would abandon me.

The fact of the matter is that i'm starting to get real BORED with him. He never wants to do anything with me, but sit in the house, he's a couch potato and I can't stand it. I always do whatever he wants, like stay in the dumb apartment in my jammies, watch him ignore me while he watches ESPN, eat all of the take out food, and sleep...and he calls that "spending time together"?!

Like what do I do? How do I make him listen to me again (because he doesn't)? How do I grab his attention before his friends do? Is the relationship worth salvaging? Do I really want to be with a lazy slob? Should I listen to his "promises" of change? Or am I thinking too hard and making the situation bigger than what it is?

Yeah, that's the problem, I'm always with my friends, and not saying that that's a bad thing, it's just that the same things I do with my friends, I would like to do with my boyfriend. I see everyone going out with their boyfriends and I want the same thing too, according to him thats wrong. But you know the bad thing about it is that I learned not to expect the best from him anymore, what does that mean?

Does he get bothered by you going out with your friends? Or is he just relieved?

Just seems like he feels like he doesn't need to make an effort anymore, and thats not right. The relationship won't last this way.

If he's not willing to listen to you, then what choice do you have other than to accept him and what he's willing to put into this relationship, or move on. Sometimes actions speak louder than words. A relationship won't last this way, especially if you're unhappy...there's nothing keeping it alive..it will die out eventually when you've had enough. If he won't listen or take you seriously..maybe its time to just move on. Maybe a big gesture will make him open his eyes and realize it.

Archived