Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My sore brain.....migraine journal

Seraphim

I have suffered from severe migraines for about 20 years now. They used to get so bad, the only thing that helped was morphine or one of its derivatives. I tried all the drug-free cures, but none of them worked. I even tried reflexology, nope, nothing. I haven't had them anywhere near as often the last couple of years. I still get bad headaches, but they are not quite migraines. Still, the drugs never hurt me at all. I am a fairly healthy person. Now, all that pain you deal with may affect your health. I am very anti-drug, so I understand where you are coming from, but sometimes the pain is just too much to be born. I was not the partner nor the parent I wanted to be while I was in such pain and vomiting (I hated that part!)

I have suffered from severe migraines for about 20 years now. They used to get so bad, the only thing that helped was morphine or one of its derivatives. I tried all the drug-free cures, but none of them worked. I even tried reflexology, nope, nothing. I haven't had them anywhere near as often the last couple of years. I still get bad headaches, but they are not quite migraines. Still, the drugs never hurt me at all. I am a fairly healthy person. Now, all that pain you deal with may affect your health. I am very anti-drug, so I understand where you are coming from, but sometimes the pain is just too much to be born. I was not the partner nor the parent I wanted to be while I was in such pain and vomiting (I hated that part!)

I would if I could take some. But opiates used to be my drug of choice if you know what I mean. With the number of migraines I get I would be an addict in no time. That is not something I want to risk again.

Spent the last few hours concentrating and breathing to release the pain and using a golf ball to deep massage my shoulder and neck..........some pain is still there but manageable. Using my own positive energy from deep inside and channeling it. Focusing all of my empathic abilities on myself.....feeling calm and focused.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...