Rebound? That's what I thought...

My ex dumped me for another woman more than a year ago. She moved in with him immediately thereafter. They're still together. I used to classify her as the rebound. She is not the rebound. She is the woman he left me for. She would be the rebound if he turned to her after we broke up.

He left a voice message for me 5 months ago. He called to wish me a happy birthday. The message was very sweet - and quite sentimental. Then, he followed up with an equally mushy card and small gift. Since then, he hasn't responded to phone call messages, emails, or snail mail. What's up with that?

Why do people agree to be in relationships when every move they make is monitored by the other person? I would never be with anyone who wants to check my phone messages, e-mail, etc. I trusted this man completely. Apparently, she doesn't. Of course she doesn't want him talking to me. So what? I didn't want him seeing someone else why we were together. Why does he respect her wishes, but he didn't respect mine? Initially he was very protective of her because "she had been hurt" in previous relationships. Hello! Why didn't it register with him that he had just done to me what he was protecting her from?

For the record, I've decided I'm never dating again. I know some ENA folks will ream me for that, but... I'm 52. The unhappiest times of my life were the results of breakups. I'm not subjecting myself to that again. Screw it. I'm tired of men without balls.

Sorry, for the rant.

I am so sorry that has happened to you. It's his loss in the end, not your's. Don't swear off all men until you meet the sweet ones, I know, I'm a girl too and it feels like all men are pigs, but I'm sure there are some nice fellas out there who would never hurt you.

*hugs*

Rebounds are for the jerks who don't want to face the fact that they don't want to accept responsibility for their actions. They are too good to feel pain and always will have that back up plan to soothe the inklings of pain making the transition a smooth one. I feel like that with my ex, I think the guy in your case was trying to see if he still had you lingering on which sucks too. Where do these people come from? Who raised them? Obviously he is not too engaged in the relationship if he reached out, I would not do it or tolerate it, I think he will try again when HE is ready to communicate, his foot must be halfway out the door these days in his current escapade...

Why Men Come Back - ALWAYS
Why Men Come Back - ALWAYS

Archived