STD/Vaginal Infection...HELP

LaughIsLove

I've recently been hooking up with my ex-boyfriend. After 2 years of being apart, he is still the only guy I have ever been with, but he has been with many many people and I have gotten chlamydia from him the first time we had sex. Recently, we started off using a condom...then it came off...I don't need the lecture. I already know that's stupid. But now (2 days after our hook up) I have some serious vaginal itching. I took an at-home yeast infection test, and the result was a higher pH indicating something more than a yeast infection. I'm thinking it's probably either chlamydia or a normal bacterial infection. I have an annual check up with a new gyno in 2 weeks (I just graduated college and found a gyno in the state I am living. My old gyno is 9 hours away). My question is, is it ok to wait 2 weeks before getting it checked out? Since I'm a new patient, I can't just get in right away to see the doc. But I'm worried that it's going to have some severe effect on my body...I'm especially worried about the infertility issue associated with chlamydia. What should I do? If I called my old doctor from 9 hours away and explained, do you think she could at least give me a prescription without looking at me?

i think you need to go tomorrow. it's quite possible that it is a UTI. either way, this needs to be treated. don't say 'normal bacterial infection' because if it goes from your bladder and into your kidneys, you can die!!! this is something that can be serious if untreated.

i think you should just call and schedule an appointment for tomorrow, or tonight. can you go to an urgent care clinic? you need to get meds ASAP. you also need to have a urine test so they can figure out what it is.

You can't possibly self-diagnose something like this. It could be chlamydia, yes, but it could also be syphillis or gonorrhea, both of which are on the rise right now. Get to a doc TODAY. I hope it's nothing and that you are 100 percent healthy.

If you're a new patient and you're need an annual exam, yes, they make you wait longer.

If you're a new patient and you have a possible infection, they will get you in ASAP. Within a few days, at the most.

You do NOT want to let it go on for 2 weeks. At the very least, the infection will get so bad within 2 weeks that you'll be incredibly miserable and treatment will need to be stronger or longer to get rid of the infection. And yes, depending on what it is, it can do damage to your body and/or reproductive system.

Call your doc first thing in the morning. If you explain you have a possible infection, they definitely won't make you wait 2 weeks.

Archived