What do you think of this situation?

sweetgirl141

What brought this conversation about was a mutual friend of my boyfriend and I told me that he and my boyfriend were out at a bar drinking and my boyfriend told our friend that he loves me. He hasn't told me and we have been dating for 6 months.

The other night I casually brought the conversation they had because I didn't understand why he wasn't comfortable with telling me. I didn't press the issue but to sum it up, he told me that he does love me, never said "I love you", said that he cared about me A LOT, and that he hasn't told anyone he loved them in 3 years and the last person he told it to cheated on him, it's not easy for him to say, doesn't like to say it all the time, and to give him time.

Sounds like he's afraid to scare you away. Love is a pretty big word after all, and gets thrown around an awful lot.

He just wants to reassure himself that that feeling IS there, and/or that you're ready to hear it.

Have you told him that you love him?

What he says sounds reasonable. Personally I would want to be with someone who told me he loved me on a regular basis, and didn't have a problem expressing it, but I don't know what kind of time line I would put on that. I think you should give him a bit more time.

Have you told him that you love him?

What he says sounds reasonable. Personally I would want to be with someone who told me he loved me on a regular basis, and didn't have a problem expressing it, but I don't know what kind of time line I would put on that. I think you should give him a bit more time.

I do love him but i havent told him. The reason I havent is because he has definitely showed me that he isnt the type of guy that just throws around "I love you"s or is unrealistic about things like saying that he knows hes going to marry me after a month (Im not complaining about that at all). I didnt want to be the one to scare him away by telling him I loved him. I was going to tell him the night we had the conversation, but after having the conversation, i didnt.

i waited for months to hear it, and i couldnt take it anymore because i was DYING to tell him. so i just put my feelings on the line and said it.

later on he said that he knew he loved me, he was just waiting for me to say it first for whatever reason (i have no idea what reason that is, but oh well.) he had said it to one of my friends well before saying it to me, also.

*shrugs*

no idea what the deal is, but i definitely do think he loves you and just needs time.

Just give him some time. Those three words should never be rushed. While I certainly think that he does, or at least is very close on telling you so. Just keep in mind, that when the day comes that he tells you that he loves you, he will mean every word of it. I'd rather have someone tell me that they love me and mean it, rather than just saying it for the sake of it.

Just give him some time. Those three words should never be rushed. While I certainly think that he does, or at least is very close on telling you so. Just keep in mind, that when the day comes that he tells you that he loves you, he will mean every word of it. I'd rather have someone tell me that they love me and mean it, rather than just saying it for the sake of it.

I totally agree with you. im extremely glad I have someone that wont say it to me after a week. I really dont think you can love someone after a week.

I totally agree with you. im extremely glad I have someone that wont say it to me after a week. I really dont think you can love someone after a week.

Definitely not, those that do so are just overusing those words and in time it may not mean anything at all.

On another note, if you truly feel that you love him - please don't be ashamed to tell him so. Even if he doesn't say it back right away, at least you're opening up your feelings towards him. There is nothing wrong with this and there is no reason to hold back. Just my 2 cents.

Definitely not, those that do so are just overusing those words and in time it may not mean anything at all.

On another note, if you truly feel that you love him - please don't be ashamed to tell him so. Even if he doesn't say it back right away, at least you're opening up your feelings towards him. There is nothing wrong with this and there is no reason to hold back. Just my 2 cents.

Im sure ill end up saying it soon. Im just trying to find the right time. After we had that conversation the other night we were laying in bed and i wanted to say it but i stopped myself. Im afraid of rejection and have never been the first to say it. i dont want to scare him away by saying it. Sometimes he seems so put off by "feelings".

Im sure ill end up saying it soon. Im just trying to find the right time. After we had that conversation the other night we were laying in bed and i wanted to say it but i stopped myself. Im afraid of rejection and have never been the first to say it. i dont want to scare him away by saying it. Sometimes he seems so put off by "feelings".

Trust me sweetheart, no one likes to face rejection. However, these are just your assumptions on how he "may" be. This may not always be guaranteed. Don't worry, the time next you feel that it's right - be bold and take the initiative. The worst that can happen is that he doesn't say it back (not that he doesn't feel the same way).

Trust me sweetheart, no one likes to face rejection. However, these are just your assumptions on how he "may" be. This may not always be guaranteed. Don't worry, the time next you feel that it's right - be bold and take the initiative. The worst that can happen is that he doesn't say it back (not that he doesn't feel the same way).

I think im also worried that if i say it, hes going to say it back and not mean it, that he is just saying it because I said it.

thanks for the advice btw!

I think im also worried that if i say it, hes going to say it back and not mean it, that he is just saying it because I said it.

thanks for the advice btw!

No problem hun.

Think of it this way, if he waited this long and still haven't said it, he will not say just for the sake of it. You never know until you try.

I Have Feelings For Someone Else Wh...
I Have Feelings For Someone Else While In a Relationship

Archived