Let's Hear It For The Ladies!

vertigoxo

I think the guys on this website should be thanking us girls for trying so hard to look good for them. Whether you're the taken guy with a girlfriend back at home, or you're married to your beloved wifey, or even if you're a guy freshly broken up with someone... Remember, it won't be long till there's a girl who will be very interested in you in wanting to keep up with her appearances just so you would notice her. (Ever wonder why it feels so damn lonely after a break up? It's because you get so racked with pain that you fail to realize that there might be someone out there absolutley smitten by you but are too shy to let you know.)

Anyways... Here are some of the things (Some of you would have to help me with this and add more crap) us ladies have to do just to look nice for you fellas;

1. Shaving, waxing, plucking, using Nair... It's not just our pits and legs, fellas.
  2. Applying makeup. I'd like to see you guys try and put on makeup every single day before going to work. So much makeup out there... Foundation, powder, concealer, blush/bronzer, lipstick, mascara, eyeshadow, etc etc.
  3. Our hair. My God! Most guys out there prefer long haired ladies, well guess what? Long hair = Expensive and time consuming. Don't believe me? More hair, more products we'd have to steal money from your credit cards just so it will look atleast half presentable.
  4. Two words: High heels. D:
  5. Having to excercise and diet to death so we wouldn't have to feel incredibly fat when you oogle at the super models in our Victoria's Secret monthly catalouges.

We deserve to be treated like queens JUST for these reasons! XD What do you guys think?

Everything you stated are optional modifications to your appearance, in the end it's only physical looks. True beauty lies inside a person.

Oh, I know that. I'm only wanting to make it known that we do a lot of (painful!) procedures just so you could atleast notice us in that "attractive" light. The first thing people notice is how someone looks, it's a fact of life. Wouldn't make a beeline for a guy who doesn't shave or shower in days in hopes of him becoming my future boyfriend, right? :S Same thing with girls; We want to look good so guys can coo at us and help the possibility of them make a beeline towards them and ask them out.

Vertigoxo - I think it's great when a woman looks good for her man, ultimately though she's doing it for her own pride. I got waxed yesterday and I'm single (still sounds strange) There is a lot to do as you mention on your list but they make us feel good. I love myself when I do these things, even if I've got nobody to admire the results.

These, as we all know, are ephemeral feel good tricks. When someone is vacant all these won't make a difference.

I agree with OP. Beautiful women make life worth living. The meaning of life is to find a beautiful woman and then form a lifelong partnership with her.

There's a Chinese proverb, "Men die for those who understand them; women make themselves up for those who make them happy."

I agree to some of the things you listed above. However, sometimes I do all those things to make myself feel better as well. Don't get me wrong, when it's a special occasion going on, I would do whatever I can for my bf just to look good for him, but sometimes I realized that he's just as turned on by me if I'm wearing t-shirt & sweats, hair tied in a ponytail, granny panties (he claims they're not) and no make up on. Obviously I feel otherwise, but we can't always primp 24/7.

Most men I've been with preferred when I didn't wear heels, didn't wear makeup, had my shorter haircut and were in my "bad" clothes (ie: bed shorts, singlets, etc. around-the-house stuff)

I do things such as wear makeup and shave to make myself feel good...

i am rediscovering lipstick. newly single. reinvention.

i made such an effort with my boy, but it went unappreciated. so now it's all about me...because you cant kiss when you're wearing bright lipstick. the boys will have to admire from afar for now.

Hey guys. =] Oh yes, I do these things to make ME feel good as well. I just like to feel extra special when a guy I fancy gives me that "Hey hot stuff!" shout from afar!

sooky- I think I'm way too young and way too shy to wear bright lipstick. Ah well, more power to you!

I wish more guys made an effort with their hair, dress style etc.

Yeah, that's one thing I'm still adapting to being back in the States. In Central America the guys primp almost as much as the women: hair always perfectly cut and gelled, nice clothes (no matter how poor, nearly everyone is always dressed well), freshly pressed, shirts tucked in, cologne. It's weird to see all the young (and even not-so-young) men here with the bed-head look and rumpled, ripped-up clothes - and weirder yet hearing my friends calling guys like that "hot". Definitely not my style.

Vertigoxo - I think it's great when a woman looks good for her man, ultimately though she's doing it for her own pride. I got waxed yesterday and I'm single (still sounds strange) There is a lot to do as you mention on your list but they make us feel good. I love myself when I do these things, even if I've got nobody to admire the results.

These, as we all know, are ephemeral feel good tricks. When someone is vacant all these won't make a difference.

Oh really? image removed

Watcha up to this weekend? image removed

On Topic: I definitely appreciate what you women go through. As the twin of a wonderful sister, I have heard more than once the what you women have to go through to look good for us. Thanks for looking sexy ladies! It is always welcome.

Yeah, that's one thing I'm still adapting to being back in the States. In Central America the guys primp almost as much as the women: hair always perfectly cut and gelled, nice clothes (no matter how poor, nearly everyone is always dressed well), freshly pressed, shirts tucked in, cologne. It's weird to see all the young (and even not-so-young) men here with the bed-head look and rumpled, ripped-up clothes - and weirder yet hearing my friends calling guys like that "hot". Definitely not my style.

I love that about central america. the men are sooooooooo hot!

Really? I found that annoying... I don't like a guy that spends more time on his appearance than I do. =/

no, me too.. i hate it when guys are prettier than i am.. but central american men all looked so good, it didn't matter. Lol! it's their attitude too. they're (stereotypically) manlier than our north american ones... haha... >_> *braces herself*

no, me too.. i hate it when guys are prettier than i am.. but central american men all looked so good, it didn't matter. Lol! it's their attitude too. they're (stereotypically) manlier than our north american ones... haha... >_> *braces herself*

I found that unattractive too. I hated the machismo over there.

Yep, that's for sure!! But while some guys were machista jerks about it (the ones it sounds like greywolf is referring to), some were macho/manly without being jerks about the whole thing. I actually haven't quite been able to put my finger on it yet, but Latino macho is different from American... I think it's sexier (as in, not more attractive to me per se, but more about sex) than American macho, which I just find stuck up, aggressive, and obnoxious.

And they didn't necessarily spend a lot of time on their appearance. It only takes a second to run some gel through your hair and put on some cologne. And those neatly-ironed clothes were usually pressed by a woman (mother, aunt, sister, whomever) - this is Latin America, after all.

Archived