Is it shallow to be turned off by a cheap guy?

sarahN

Read my previous posts friend. Paying for a meal is THE first impression you can't get back.

How's this for a first impression? If a girl doesn't offer to pay her half, adios! That's the way I always did it the rare time I actually did a food date for a first date. See, to me, she's cheap if she can't offer to spring for herself.

That is the irony: The women who complain loudest about men being cheap are themselves the cheapest, least generous women out there.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting cake "honey", it's just a process that goes through a very fine filter. I've read your "moments of logic", but just because I want something that would be good for me, doesn't mean I'm a princess. I recall that in one of your earlier posts on this subject you made a statement that you have paid for 98% of your first dates, or dates in general, can't remember. Point is, you seem to be projecting your bad experiences on me, and lets face it, I never once said I didn't reciprocate when a guy treats me well. I just think you are borderline female bashing for the sake of antagonism, and I find that annoying.

How's this for a first impression? If a girl doesn't offer to pay her half, adios! That's the way I always did it the rare time I actually did a food date for a first date. See, to me, she's cheap if she can't offer to spring for herself.

That is the irony: The women who complain loudest about men being cheap are themselves the cheapest, least generous women out there.

See, in this case, I can respect your opinion. I would personally never date you, but that is not the point. You have your set of criteria and I (as well as most women), have their own. This is why we date, to weed through and find the right person.

I'm getting cake "honey", it's just a process that goes through a very fine filter. I've read your "moments of logic", but just because I want something that would be good for me, doesn't mean I'm a princess. I recall that in one of your earlier posts on this subject you made a statement that you have paid for 98% of your first dates, or dates in general, can't remember. Point is, you seem to be projecting your bad experiences on me, and lets face it, I never once said I didn't reciprocate when a guy treats me well. I just think you are borderline female bashing for the sake of antagonism, and I find that annoying.

Oh no, this has nothing to do with female bashing. I'm gay, so in many ways, I understand and empathize with women far more easily than I do with other guys.

... Just not when women are being hypocrites. So, I've seen people say things that a man paying for a meal first "makes a good first impression".

... so, uh, Sarah, what are you giving up in order to make a good first impression?

[quote=I'm gay, so in many ways, I understand and empathize with women far more easily than I do with other guys.

... Just not when women are being hypocrites. So, I've seen people say things that a man paying for a meal first "makes a good first impression".

... so, uh, Sarah, what are you giving up in order to make a good first impression?

Stop playing the gay card. Flat out. I know you are gay, doesn't mean you are not acting like a total Chauvinist. Thanks for your empathy, I'm totally feeling it. Also, thanks for insinuating I eff for a free meal. You are classy my dear.

Archived