First Date Need your opinion

T84

My date: vegetarian, favorite food is Greek

What I want to do is dine and walk on the beach, talk and spend time

(opinions if you want) want to make it romantic.

We have a great time talking with each other and getting to know each other but haven't been on a date yet. So I'm looking for your opinion on which is better. Or if you have a better idea please tell me.

Should I take her to a restaurant of her favorite food (Greek, "Athena by the Sea")? Or should I take her to a more romantic place which I don't even know if she can find something to eat, because I've never been with a vegetarian before lol.

I have never been to "Athena by the Sea", but from the website it doesn't seem like there is a dress code and it's loud with entertainment, doesn't seem romantic basically, but the walk on the beach will make up for it.

She's been to these kind of places before with this kind of entertainment, so should i look for a different place?..?

If you have any other ideas on where to go please go ahead and say it.

I'm located South FL

^yes, i agree with that. and in some ways, overly fancy first dates can feel overly forced. at least for me. i don't know what kind of girl she is.

do you think she's the kind of woman who would be offended if you didn't take her to the most expensive restaurant on the first date?

no, she won't be, she already said any nearby restaurants is good (normal chili's etc.)

I'm just concerned on taking her to a place that she can't find something to eat lol "nothing with eyes"

I think i'll stick with the Greek place thanks

T84... think you have a wonderful idea. That place is awesome. Sit outside and it won't be so noisy. After, walk on the beach (you might want to suggest she not wear socks/hosiery) and browse the shops.

Their hummous is the best in the region, the saganaki (flaming cheese) is unparalleled, and the dolmades (stuffed grape leaves) are finger-lickin' good. So with those three dishes alone you can woo your honey. BUT if you have to have more, order the spanakopita (spinach pie) and a dish of olives.

Good luck hon!

P.S. - forgot to add, bring quarters for parking! Last thing you want is to get a ticket, might spoil the evening.

P.P.S. - No dress code. Anything. Flip flops and wife beaters. Just don't dress up.

You know, most restaurants - especially fancy ones - have online menus now. It's easy enough to check the menu ahead of time to make sure there's decent vegetarian options available. It's worth doing, because many of the fancier restaurants offer - at most - one plain, boring vegetarian dish.

But that said, I think in this case the Greek restaurant is the better option.

Archived