Is it possible?

AllThatJazz
English Conversation About COLLEGE ...
English Conversation About COLLEGE LIFE - TALKING ABOUT A PROFESSOR

Hello!

I am a 23 year old female with a question. I have a former professor whose class I took a year ago. I did extremely well in his class and he often spoke to me about my talents and achievements. I see him on campus often this semester and he always makes a point of stopping to speak with me outside for about an hour or half an hour at a time, and we run into each other about 3 times a week. I was never attracted to him during class, although I admired his intelligence, but now I am starting to feel an attraction. He is single and 38 years old and I will never have him as a professor again. I don't even know if he is interested, I'm just curious. He tells me a lot about his personal life and once made a comment about how we no longer have that professor-student relationship and that "now things can be said that may have been too awkward to say before" (in his words), although he added "within boundaries." He insists that I call him by his first name. I know it's not a lot to go on, but do you think there is a possibility of something there?

Or maybe you're the teacher's pet. It happens when you have a high achievement on a certain class they are teaching you. That can be why he's friendly because you would do well in his class. Anyways I can imagine a lunch with the professor, if you do ask him that, it'll be cool if he pays for it...

Archived