Very interesting day

I went shopping this afternoon in the grocery store where my ex's mom and gf work. I knew the gf wouldn't be there so I went in. I thought his mom was off work or not working. I ran into his mom. She was just getting off work and asked me if I minded giving her a ride home so she wouldn't have to call a taxi. I said, sure. Normally, when my ex and I would offer to take her home, she declined. Anyways, I walked around the store with her while she shopped. She started talking about my ex and his new girl. I was hearing things I already knew so I didn't mind. I figured she just needed to get it out. She cannot stand this woman. It doesn't help she has to work with her, but she gets by because its her son. She told me, this lady doesn't fit in with the family dynamics and she doesn't see how its going to work out. I told her to give it time, the newness of everything will wear off quick.

I kinda feel bad for this girl. No one really likes her. Every member of his family calls me to check on me. If I miss a family function everyone calls me to see why I didn't come. I explain to them its too awkward to be around her. They say they don't care and I will always be welcomed at thier house. Maybe in a year or two I can show up, but not now.

Is it weird I am getting all the attention and that the ex's family loves me?

Not at all, and in fact I'm suprised that they like you even though you and your ex broke up. To me, family dynamics is extremely important, and it sounds like you've already won that war

It's good that you don't attend because it would in fact be embarrasing to your ex and his new gf (unless you two are just platonic friends, and nothing more). I would suggest staying in contact with his family (very little) just so you don't seem to be rude. Who knows, they might even talk him into trying to get back together.

Wow good for you. I think it really shows great character on your part that you left such a lasting impression on the family. I'm surprised at how well you're handling it. I don't think I could handle hearing about my ex and her new bf (even if they only had bad things to say). Good for you and there's nothing wrong with avoiding an awkward situation. It's nice of the family to invite you, but I hope they understand where you're coming from.

Thanks everyone. I feel flattered that the family still considers me a part of thier family. I kinda feel a little bad for the new girl and I know I shouldn't.

I have a feeling his mom is talking to him about us. She said that a baby needs to be at home with its mommy and daddy. She put a HUGE emphasis on daddy.

Archived