3rd Date in 2 weeks. Too fast?

JewelsInTx

Well my ex and I have been broken up for about 7 months and were together for 4 years prior too that. Last week he contacted me and we hung out then earlier this week we went out for dinner again, last night he asked me out for dinner again today. I agreed to go, but it seems like he's moving back in really fast. Should I put a brake on it and slow things down? First I don't want to be hurt again and second I don't want him to think that I am available at his beckon call every time. I really want to make this work.

If you really want to make it work then I dont see it as being a problem. Obviously the first time he saw you, it made all his feelings rush back because he has missed your qualities - I was the same with my ex, I just wanted to see her the next day.

He is making an effort and you cannot knock him for that. If you feel its too much too fast, just explain you want to take it slowly - he should be able to accept this..

Be weary, but not scared that he will hurt you again. Keep it in the back of your mind but dont let is effect you being happy - or giving it another shot becuse it might work out for the best.

I think with the history "just" having fun could be dangerous-i agree that you should enjoy yourself...but you can't ignore 4 years together...and you're more vulnerable because of that...

i am not saying sit down and have "the" talk but really listen to yourself and ask the questions that you need answers to...

We had a great relationship for the first 3 years, but got really stressed with work and school and stopped paying attention to each other in the last part. I think we started taking it out on each other looking back now. Also I think he had GIGS. I believe it was a good break because I was able to gather myself and reorganized my life as did he. He got a place of his own and got to live the single life for a bit. I feel like I am emotionally and mentally available to him again now that I have my life put back together. I feel the same about him, but am unsure and that it is why I am hesitant about a reconciliation.

It sounds like you did the right thing initialy - breaking it off was obviously best. Go out a few more times, see where it leads and then if your feelings are coming back for him and your having a good time then ask him what he wants, make sure hes honest with you.

To be honest, it sounds to me like your set on each other again, youve matured and you now know what you want which is great - you have your time and space and figured it out. I hope this time it works out

Archived