user1988
Start Having Confidence In Relation...
Start Having Confidence In Relationships And YourSelf

Long story short my boyfriend's exes well a majority of them were models with perfect figures and whatnot, in other words they're gorgeous. Lately I've been feeling a bit insecure and question his choice in dating me, he could have gotten with another model or someone 10x as hot (he's a surgeon, tons of gold diggers out there). I remember back in the beginning of our relationship he said his last korean model girlfriend was so pretty she used to grab a room's attention and "stopped time." He told me I was cute or pretty before, said when it comes down to it personality matters more and he likes me. But I can't help feeling insecure, I'm not ugly, I don't have a perfect figure but I'm not fat or anything (5'6", 110 lbs).

Is it normal to feel this way?

It's totally normal to feel like that, I don't blame you for feeling like that at all, I would in your circumstance. But you sound pretty hot yourself and 110 lbs at 5ft 6 is skinny! I'm sure he chose you for your looks as well as personality, I really wouldn't worry or compare yourself. The problem with these beautiful girls is that sometimes they are so used to people coming to them for their looks that they've never had to bother developping a personality sadly and often their relationships melt down very quickly because they don't have the substance or personality that other women do. It sounds like he's with you because you have the best of both words and you're not one extreme and lacking in another. I mean would you really want to be breath takingly beautiful but so lacking in personality that most people disliked you and men found you incredibly dull? Life isn't interesting if you're a boring person anyway. Just be happy that you're together and that is what you wanted.

I think everybody feels insecure from time to time about their partners exes, its not really uncommon. I had that too, his mom kept a bunch of pictures of her on the computer (even ones of them together or kissing) and I looked at all of them with alot of jealousy. Why? I have no idea, she looked like me but with a bigger nose and crooked teeth, and saggier boobs, shorter too. Yet I still though she was cute, even after my ex told me again and again how glad he was to have her out of his life. I dont really think its cool that he told you his ex was so pretty she "made time stop"... not cool at all.

I know how you feel about this. My boyfriend went out with someone who won in a pageant and at one point, I always felt that I could never compare to her. He told me that even though she had a nice body and a pretty face, they were not compatible in many ways. If he really wanted to be with her, he would have continued to be with her. However, the same holds true for your relationship. Your boyfriend is with you for a reason, you are the whole package. Just remember that, he is not with you because he is forced to, he is with you because he chooses to be.

A big part of my insecurity also comes from having acne and scarring (granted it's under control now), I know I shouldn't worry because he's seen me at my worse sometimes with my skin peeling from the medications but it still affects my esteem.

He told me before that his last ex he was just with her because she was pretty and was pursuing him and well he was lonely at the time. He even said her personality was close to nonexistent, always talked about the catwalk or the runway or... lol idk I'm not a model. I recently saw a pic of one of these women and they are as different from me as night to day, they wear low cut dresses, clubbing clothes, etc and well are established because of their looks (either models or spokesperson for companies). Whereas, I tend to dress low key (not tee shirt and jeans), only a student at the Uni about to start grad school next year or so.

The weird part is I'm usually very confident about the way I look around other people, I can grab a guy's attention if I wanted to but around him and thinking about his past gfs just makes me feel inferior.

I thank you guys for all your support though, I really shouldn't be feeling this way because looks fade right?

I know how you feel about this. My boyfriend went out with someone who won in a pageant and at one point, I always felt that I could never compare to her. He told me that even though she had a nice body and a pretty face, they were not compatible in many ways. If he really wanted to be with her, he would have continued to be with her. However, the same holds true for your relationship. Your boyfriend is with you for a reason, you are the whole package. Just remember that, he is not with you because he is forced to, he is with you because he chooses to be.

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind because after all he's the one that pursued me not the other way around.

okay so you say that this man could get a model girl. right. But instead, he is with you, a perfectly normal girl. right? dosent that just scream something good? it does to me. if he could get a sexi *** girl to show off but he picked the average nice girl that could only mean he cares MORE about you. dont be insecure because of that. he obviossley likes you more than them. dont worry about that. besides im sure ur quite beautiful urself, u just havent realized it yet.

it's not always win-win for a guy either - I've had girls see my ex-GF, either in a picture or in person, and they get scared off. I'll be the first to admit, for all the negatives she had, she was a stunner, easily a 9, probably a 10.

I'll tell you, as a guy, we don't really 'compare' looks as much as girls do. Yes, we 'compare' as in 'Ok, maybe the ex had bigger boobs' kind of compare, but the bottom line is, guys are much more black/white - If you're hot, you're hot, and that satisfies our requirement. Guys definitely don't nitpick as much as women do. I've had some of my female friends nitpick to the extreme - New guy is 2 inches shorter than exBF, or New guy doesn't drive as nice a car - and they consider these real 'issues'.

Trust me, if a guy thinks you're hot, that's generally enough in the looks department. Guys aren't really rocket scientists when it comes to looks.

Archived