sucking it up and being an adult

its been 5 months since I had to move out of our home. 6.5 months since he told me it was over (will never know why but its moot at this point). Some days are good, some days are the worst ever, but I'm carrying on.

Because he has decided I never existed (after 8 years thats really nice) I have had some hard times. I know I loved him more than I have ever loved in my life but I also know its over. I'm just trying to pick up the pieces.

But now it is affecting a 20year friendship I have with my mate. If my friend and I have made plans and the ex wants to go I get bumped 'cause he doesn't want to ever see me again. I will be talking to my friend about this on Sunday 'cause it really hurts. They were never friends before our separation and now, because the ex is 'lonely' (even though I have been replaced), he wants to go riding with my mate all the time. So I can't go too. We are all middle aged adults and I feel that the ex should just suck it up and be a man. I know for certain we all enjoyed each other's company before the split so why can't we be in the same space at the same time? There is no ulterior motives on my part. As I said, I know its over and will never be again.

And then there is the some of his mom's valuable antiques that I mistakenly packed and took. I had emailed him that I had the china and how/where would he like me to drop it off. No reply but I was told by another mate that he figures I took this stuff on purpose. I can't bear to just throw this stuff away but seeing it always reminds me of what is no longer and it hurts. His mom meant a lot to him and without these pieces (which were used often) the set is not complete. So I figure I'll just pack them in a box and put them in his mailbox one day with a short note saying "wanted you make sure you got these back".

Guess this is a bit of a rant....any feedback would be helpful....

thanx for listening.

He sounds like he still wants to play on the drama. I wonder if he's really over you. Anyway, i think you're doing the right thing taking his antiques back, you are being the better person. Not sure what to do with the mutual friend, perhaps give it a bit more time, or act like nothing has happened.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived