I'm tired all the time

Bella20

Lately I've been feeling so exhausted.... even thinking about doing things seems like a lot of work. Like, okay, I just signed up to work for four hours a week at a new place.... and I've been dreading that all day. I feel like it's so much, and such a big effort... Everything seems like a big effort right now.

I'm getting enough sleep.. and still at around 7 pm I'm already almost dead and can't wait until it's 10pm so that I don't end up waking up at 5am... So I have no idea what this could be. I feel like I just want to be laying down and chilling in my room all day..

Meh. what's going on with me?

There are many things that could be going on. You could just be overworked. Your mind could be overstimulated - when I have to do a lot of hard academic work, I tire out very easily.

Are you eating poorly? Not getting enough nutrients can cause fatigue. You could also be getting sick - I always get tired before I get sick. Also, there are fewer hours of daylight now than there were a few weeks ago, and some people do get more tired when the sun goes down.

In the more extreme sense - fatigue can be a sign of depression - but that's pretty extreme, and I don't know if you have other signs of depression.

If your fatigue persists for a few weeks or becomes worse, you might want to see a doctor.

No pregnancy, no other symptoms, just, everything feels like an effort, that's the exact way to describe it. But then, once I get going, I get going. Like, I just came from work, and I have a meeting at 7, and I'm kind of OK with it. I like when I get things done... but... I don't know.

I don't think I'm getting too much sleep, although I do want to sleep all the time. I've had a couple of days when it was really hard to fall asleep... and then I would take a 3 hour nap, but I'm still tired at night.

There are so many things it could be. Mineral deficiency, thyroid, food allergy, depression, stress, illness etc. If it's been happening for a while, then go see a doctor and rule out what you can.

Hopefully you can figure it out. You DO NOT want the chronic fatigue diagnosis. I have it and it sucks. Nothing can be done.

ohh no really? what does it feel like for you? why do you get it?

It's horrible. I've pretty much been exhausted every waking moment since I was about 17. Certain things seem to make it worse (foods & medications), so I avoid those. Stress and any kind of vigorous cardio exercise make me need to sleep for around 15 hours a day including naps. If I'm relaxed during the day and I don't exercise, then I can get by on about 10 hours sleep and no naps.

No one knows exactly what causes it. There are many different theories out there, but nothing has been proven.

Are you taking any medications at the moment?

I am having the same issue as you, tired all the time, and sometimes when I lay down to sleep when I am tired, no sleep comes. So I just end up getting back up and being tired.

I wish I had a solution for you, but a few websites I visited said to drink more water. So I am passing that along as a hopefully simple fix. I'm trying it myself but I have yet to feel any better. Good luck to you.

Archived