Going Tan

Please do not turn this thread into You're gonna get Cancer etc Those of us who do tan know the risks. (tanning booths, sun beds).

A few questions

Do you like your tan?

How long did it take?

Are you fair skinned?

Did you burn?

How often do you go a week?

I'm fair skinned with auburn hair and have been told to avoid it, but apart from one burn I am fine now. Sick of being pale.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you like your tan? I love my tan..

How long did it take? About two weeks when my skin was getting used to it - now It only takes me twice to get a tan if I don't tan in a while..

Are you fair skinned? Yes, very..i'm so pale I look sick normally.

Did you burn? Once when I first started, my ass hurt so bad.

How often do you go a week? 2 - 4 times a week.

Do you like your tan? I love my tan..

How long did it take? About two weeks when my skin was getting used to it - now It only takes me twice to get a tan if I don't tan in a while..

Are you fair skinned? Yes, very..i'm so pale I look sick normally.

Did you burn? Once when I first started, my ass hurt so bad.

How often do you go a week? 2 - 4 times a week.

LOL sorry!!!

How long do y'all stay in the booth for?

Please do not turn this thread into You're gonna get Cancer etc Those of us who do tan know the risks.

A few questions

Do you like your tan?

How long did it take?

Are you fair skinned?

Did you burn?

How often do you go a week?

I'm fair skinned with auburn hair and have been told to avoid it, but apart from one burn I am fine now. Sick of being pale.

1. I loved my tan

2. About a month to get a good one.

3. Nope, Im medium toned skin.

4. No, I never burn.

5. 2, sometimes 3 times a week.....

That was when I used sunbeds. Nowadays my tan is from a bottle....lol

But it's good stuff and looks really natural....and its Dove, which is quite cheap.

1. I loved my tan

2. About a month to get a good one.

3. Nope, Im medium toned skin.

4. No, I never burn.

5. 2, sometimes 3 times a week.....

That was when I used sunbeds. Nowadays my tan is from a bottle....lol

But it's good stuff and looks really natural....and its Dove, which is quite cheap.

The Dove stuff is good! But goes yellow on me after a while and I can't be arsed to put it on everyday.

I'll answer as if I was still tanning.......(because I was a tanning queen once upon a time)

I loved my tan.....I am so fair skinned so having that golden bronze color really helped me to look pretty (prettier).

I used to go about 4 times a week and the time that I actually spent in the beds really depended on what bed I was using that particular day. Sometimes I would use the high intensity beds where I only needed to be in there a few minutes. Other days I would use the lowest intensity beds and stay in like 20 minutes.

I miss it......I miss the tanning, I miss the delicious smell of the lotions. Miss it all.

Woah!!!

Our max time is 9 mins- don't think I could handle that. Yet...

Do you use the lotion that brings the tan out quicker?

I'm a tanning lotion addict. I've got about 5 bottles now..since I haven't bought any in a WHILE.

Some of the bronzers I don't like to use cuz' some are really streaky and orangey toned..but I really like 'black' by designer skin..it's got a gradual toner plus firming capabilities for my skin..now i'm just going to use an accelerator which is a lotion without tanner, it just boosts your skin's natural tanning abilities [those are for after you get a good base tan]

The Dove stuff is good! But goes yellow on me after a while and I can't be arsed to put it on everyday.

Well to be honest, mine looks great and for about three days. When it wears, it looks terrible. I think you just have to keep moisturising and reapplying every couple of days to have it look great all the time and exfoliate every week maybe and reapply again. I usually buy the medium to dark tone one.

I do prefer a sunbed tan though....looks good all the time.

I'm a tanning lotion addict. I've got about 5 bottles now..since I haven't bought any in a WHILE.

Some of the bronzers I don't like to use cuz' some are really streaky and orangey toned..but I really like 'black' by designer skin..it's got a gradual toner plus firming capabilities for my skin..now i'm just going to use an accelerator which is a lotion without tanner, it just boosts your skin's natural tanning abilities [those are for after you get a good base tan]

I might buy some lotion tomorrow, so far I have just been using their sachets. Bronzer and accelerator. Now I am worried about going streaky lol.

Metro- why did you stop?

Because I am a red head I have to be careful- but like is too short. I am loving it though.

Yeah, i'd rather be super confident and tan..than not feel as sexy and pale. =/ Not saying pale isn't sexy on some people because it is...just not on me.

I used to tan a LOT more until my base tan got built up..now I tan 10x faster than I did before.

I might buy some lotion tomorrow, so far I have just been using their sachets. Bronzer and accelerator. Now I am worried about going streaky lol.

No, you just have to find the right bronzer..lol..some are really good..some aren't. Try the packets of the lotion before you buy the actual bottle..and you can buy the lotions for WAY cheaper on the internet..way overpriced in salons.

Metro- why did you stop?

Because I am a red head I have to be careful- but like is too short. I am loving it though.

Well I was tanning at this really nice place that was close to where I worked. Since I worked graveyard shift at that time, I would get to the tanning salon right before they closed and have the place to myself, but I transferred to another work location on the other side of town and there weren't really any salons near me so I stopped going.

Now, I recently found two places close to where I live so I'm seriously considering going back but I have always said to myself that if I am going to start tanning again, I need to shed some of this weight so I would actually be on a mission to lose weight so I can look good in my tan.

Aahhh decisions decisions.....

Well I was tanning at this really nice place that was close to where I worked. Since I worked graveyard shift at that time, I would get to the tanning salon right before they closed and have the place to myself, but I transferred to another work location on the other side of town and there weren't really any salons near me so I stopped going.

Now, I recently found two places close to where I live so I'm seriously considering going back but I have always said to myself that if I am going to start tanning again, I need to shed some of this weight so I would actually be on a mission to lose weight so I can look good in my tan.

Aahhh decisions decisions.....

tanning makes you look skinnier.

like you NEED to lose weight! Hush, mama.

Yeah, i'd rather be super confident and tan..than not feel as sexy and pale. =/ Not saying pale isn't sexy on some people because it is...just not on me.

I used to tan a LOT more until my base tan got built up..now I tan 10x faster than I did before.

Yeah I feel so good after walking out of the place. My body and face are going brown but my legs are still kinda white.

It was so hot in the booth the last time I went in because they changed the tubes, thought I was gonna die and was counting down the mins lol.

It was so hot in the booth the last time I went in because they changed the tubes, thought I was gonna die and was counting down the mins lol.

LOL....I used to count down the minutes or sometimes open the door for a breather. It used to get so hot sometimes, yet others times seemed cooler.

I also used the stand up booths as opposed to the beds.

tanning makes you look skinnier.

like you NEED to lose weight! Hush, mama.

oh I do need to lose it girl......I do.

When I was tanning before, that is when I was actively in the gym. I had lost a lot of weight on my own so I was really going through this whole transformation. I felt great, I looked great and it really helped me to stick with everything.

Archived