Do I call him on his vulgar topics?

littleBudgie

I've just starting dating this guy and on our 1st date he started to bring up topics such as when his old frat buds like hearing him talk about the strippers overseas.

And just today he sent me a vulgar eamil - one of which he didn't label - Don't open at work! Which I would have done.

He has gone all out for me that a lot of guys have not done.

I want to address this but don't know if I should just do the 3 strikes your out thing?

Have you ever made a "digusted" face or ask him to "stop"? Does he know you don't like him talking like that? Maybe you could just say, "Oh, gross, please stop...eeww, ok, ok, that's enough" And tell him that anything you receive by email at work, should be labeled as to the content.

He sounds as though he could definitely use some lessons in manners and being a gentleman. Is he worth all of this?? I guess that's my first question. Remember, first impressions are usually a tell-tale sign of what the person is really like. He sounds a bit neanderthal...not that I am a prude, but seriously, stuff like that shouldn't enter a relationship until you are sure it doesn't offend the other person.

Good luck!!

Vulgarity around women=disrespect.

This is a bit old-fashioned, but I think in the first few months of dating someone, it's absolutely true. I'm a woman who probably swears too much and can be very vulgar when I want to be, but I would never want a guy acting like I do unless he knew me well enough first. There's no way of knowing within a few dates whether or not a person is okay with that kind of stuff.

Archived