Can't Wait Until This Is All Just A Distant Memory

Rob1000
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

As I prepare to get out of town for what would have been my wedding weekend, I think back to memories from the last time I was at the place I'm headed to. It was late 2003 and I was recovering from a different break-up. How those memories are just a distant nothing now. I look back and realise how daft it all was; how could I be so upset over someone who really was unworthy.

At that time I really didn't know how I was ever going to recover. Six months later I met the girl I was due to marry this weekend. Strange eh!!? Just looking forward to thinking back about this weekend as a strange but distant memory.

I've been reading your posts these past months and know this will be a strange weekend for you, Rob. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone, and that you will make it through! Also, thanks for sharing on these forums. Your insights have been helpful for me as I recover from my failed relationship. I wish you all the best and hope that we both continue to gain perspective and happiness as time goes by...

I've been reading your posts these past months and know this will be a strange weekend for you, Rob. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone, and that you will make it through! Also, thanks for sharing on these forums. Your insights have been helpful for me as I recover from my failed relationship. I wish you all the best and hope that we both continue to gain perspective and happiness as time goes by...

Hi Rob,

I just want you to know that i agree with this person's ideas. They've summed up what i was thinking. Just feeling for you being let down, but you're a good person and will find the right girl, who is ready to commit, in time. It probably doesn't help right now, but if you can get through this, you can get through anything

Thanks everyone for your kind words. It really means a lot to me. It's wonderful to know that there really are some nice people around at a time like this. I'm gonna do my best to not think about it and have some fun. When this is all done, I really hope I can look back on it with a smile and even tease myself over it!!

Onwards and upwards...

Archived