There's a girl in class I'm crushing on

LightbulbSun
How To Tell Someone You Like Them (...
How To Tell Someone You Like Them (Without Screwing Up)

And I have no idea how to approach her. I haven't even said a word to her. I'm thinking about sitting next to her tomorrow, but what do I say?

She might be really shy, too, because I've never heard her say anything, and she seems to be a loner (keeps to herself, doesn't say anything to any of the other people in class.) I've noticed her looking at me a few times, but I can't tell if that's because I've been looking at her, or because she likes me?

I haven't asked anyone out since I was 19, and I was always rejected, so I'm clueless on what to do. Should I just say I'm grabbing lunch after class, and would she like to come along?

And I have no idea how to approach her. I haven't even said a word to her. I'm thinking about sitting next to her tomorrow, but what do I say?

She might be really shy, too, because I've never heard her say anything, and she seems to be a loner (keeps to herself, doesn't say anything to any of the other people in class.) I've noticed her looking at me a few times, but I can't tell if that's because I've been looking at her, or because she likes me?

I haven't asked anyone out since I was 19, and I was always rejected, so I'm clueless on what to do. Should I just say I'm grabbing lunch after class, and would she like to come along?

"Hi, I'm Silentwisdom. How are you doing?"

Perfect. I think I'll just introduce myself, and see what happens.

Honestly, as someone who has dated, er, a lot, this really is the best approach. In the end, we're all just people, no matter how hot or awesome we are.

Being able to connect on an everyday level is super important.

Epic fail. I didn't sit next to her in class today. I got very little sleep last night (couldn't sleep for some reason), so I just sat in the back of the room and tried to pay attention to the class (even though I was falling asleep.)

Who am I kidding? This girl looks like a model, she probably wouldn't want anything to do with me. I look like Bill Gates.

Epic fail. I didn't sit next to her in class today. I got very little sleep last night (couldn't sleep for some reason), so I just sat in the back of the room and tried to pay attention to the class (even though I was falling asleep.)

Who am I kidding? This girl looks like a model, she probably wouldn't want anything to do with me. I look like Bill Gates.

You won't know until you try.

Man, don't think like that. Its very self defeating.

Not all pretty girls like hot guys. Any guy that has courage to go up and introduce themselves will get brownie points from them.

As you've probably read, I'm also someone who also can't really find reasons or words to approach.

Mentally I've been trying to psych up to doing them and it usually comes down to "do something!" that you've probably read too. Yep easier said than done, I've let myself down a few times already in not trying.

Asking something situational I'll always feel will be easier, less risk of creepy. I definitely agree with you. But when it comes down to it, I also think back to the other threads how in some ways it doesn't matter what you say, she'll look and instinctively decide. So yes you'll still have to wait for some basic cards to fall right, like you're there, she's there, get a seat next to her. But as soon as you're there, just the basic "Hi, how are you". As soon as you're sitting down and a good chance (like anyone would) they'd turn and see who's sitting next to them. Do I market that as some killer line? Ofcourse not ... but it's something!

The one thing I hate stopping that basic Hi or generic question from me is because I'll be somewhere, seeing if she even looks at me to see I exist, then feel like saying something, but delayed general greetings just come off as creepy imo when you've been standing there already for a minute - that's me on a train or whatever, so things should fall your way easier and it's not the first time you're seeing her so you won't need that "evaluation time".

C'mon! succeed where I've failed so far!

you may be surprised how little girls care about looks. waaaay less than guys. yes looks are important to a girl but a girl take a Bill gates over a Tom Cruise if he is more interesting and fun.

why dont you put small goals? if you think she is not going to go out with you then just make her your class friend. Then at least you will practice a little so the next girl you find attractive wont be as intimidating. You are defeating yourself before even trying. If she is not interested after you start a convo at least you got experience points for the next one.

Another huge fail: she came into class late today, and even though there were other empty seats, she sat right next to me. My heart was hammering in my chest, and I could barely concentrate on the lesson.

She seemed to be getting a cold, and was sneezing (lightly) ever now and then. I thought she had a really cute sneeze, and I wanted to say "bless you", but I couldn't seem to get the words out. My throat would clench up, and I just couldn't get them out.

I stayed after class because I was confused about the current homework, and she and another girl were also staying after, so I joined them. But again, I avoided eye contact and didn't say anything to her.

I am really crushing bad on this girl. I think she's absolutely beautiful, and now that I know what her voice sounds like (she was speaking to the teacher), I think her voice is also beautiful. I don't think I've had such a huge crush since high school, and with that girl it took 2 years for me to pluck up the courage to ask her out (and got rejected, of course.)

I don't know what to do.

Man, don't think like that. Its very self defeating.

Not all pretty girls like hot guys. Any guy that has courage to go up and introduce themselves will get brownie points from them.

I agree, and the more time I spend crushing on this girl, the harder it's going to get. I should just ask her out or introduce myself on Monday. Plucking up the courage to go up to this absolutely beautiful girl, though, is the hard part.

AARRGGGGHHH!! COME ON MAN!

It sounds like it's being served to you on a platter!

*ahem*, bad lad luck mate. And if you still feel more comfortable going off something more than just a "Hi", you can can tack on asking her if she's still got that cold.

I don't see asking her straight out is going to work too well if you're having this much trouble as it is.

Hey man, just go for it. I used to be like you, but you never want to think 'what if'...

Never have any regrets and go fir it, the worst she will do it tell you to bugger off. If so, just move on, plenty of more fish out there.

I agree. I'm putting too much pressure on myself. ](*,)

When it comes right down to it, she's just a girl. Yeah sure, she's pretty, but I don't really know her that well yet.

I just need to be casual and introduce myself on Monday. Just stop worrying about it.

Archived