Cute Nurse

Yates33
Asking Someone about their Health C...
Asking Someone about their Health Condition || ESL Conversation Practice || ESL Advice

So about 4 days ago, I went in to get a general physical done at a small health center. The nurse that took care of me, was really cute. She was nice and friendly, but what nurse isn't? She asked my occupation for paperwork and I told her...we joked a little bit, she was just really cool. I don't want to discuss my occupation, so let's say I am carpenter for the the posts sake, lol.

Today, I had to go back to get blood drawn. After greeting the girl at the front desk, she said,"You made quite the impression a few days ago here." And I was like, "what do you mean?" she told me to sign in and go over to her desk so she can tell me. When I went over she said "your the carpenter right?", then she told me I had a fan club because all the girls couldn't stop talking about "Tommy the Carpenter" after I left. I was intriqued, played along and asked, "why?" =p lol...and she said, "I don't know...well...obviously...because your good looking" ... I said, "alot of carpenters come here" and she was like, "no trust me, it was you...they couldn't stop talking about you" I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EMBARASSED. This is not the first time I've been told I have a "fan club" at places, but I dont look at myself "like that" and am not conceited...so it really makes me uncomfortable when these things happen! I know weird...it makes me feel good and uncomfortable at the same time.

So I laughed, played it off and took a seat. Well, I didnt see this cute nurse today. But I started wondering if it was her thatsaid this. Well there is no doubt she was the one that said SOMETHING, because shes the only one that knew I was a "carpenter"...no one knew that. She is the only one who knew my occupation, so she obviously told someone else" .... she and about two other girls were the only ones I TALKED TO..but there were more around the place. she was the one that took care of me and was with me.

Do you guys think I have a good shot at asking her out? And opinions, ideas on how to go about it are welcomed...she had scheduled mefor another appointment with her in two weeks, so Ill see her then.

thanks in advance!

Yeah, I'd certainly take the shot and ask her out, especially with a red carpet reception like that.

There are no opinions or advice to give - you're clearly a good-looking guy, they all seem to think so, and for getting the first date that's really all that matters.

Just go for it. You'll land the date if she's not taken already.

Go for it, you got nothing to lose, obviously you made a good first impression, not to mention they all think you're cute, I wouldn't just ask it right away but make small talk with her and say you find her very interesting and would love to take her out sometime away from work, unless of course she just wants to book you to come see her, but definitely say you want to take her out. Chances seem high too!

Offee, flowers? Flattering yes but that has "I'm a kiss ass, so date me" written all over it, the more you shower a girl with gifts especially this early your gunna screw it up, just ask her your the talk of the office if one don't work you got more to choose from

Lollll, alrighty..well i'm just going by what's gotten a guy a date with me before in my office.

One of our younger pharm. rep's brought me coffee from the starbucks next door to my office and asked me on a date..I definitely didn't see it as 'kissing ass' I saw it as being sweet.

Not all girls are the same either, plus you had seen him in your office everyday for a few weeks I'm sure? So you know who he is, this is two days we are talking about, I've just had past experience in doing the gift thing even just a coffee and it backfires..

Well, not all guys will have the same experience as you did either..

and no, I had only met this guy once before him asking me out on a date.

Coffee is casual, low key - not asking her to marry him..so is just stopping by and asking her to get drinks or leaving her a note.

on some points i agree with diablo. You want to make her feel comfortable and not the typical guy that is asking a girl out for a piece of tail. Perhaps maybe you should wait till your appointment but if you wanna do a bit of fun in the mean time you can tell the same girl that told you about everyone talking about you a message. Mention to her that you find the nurse very attractive and interesting, etc. Obviously she will probably pass on the message before your next appointment. Its up to you.

I'd take the time first to understand the whole situation before asking her out if I were you. If you're pretty sure it's just her that's into you, then go ahead. But if she's not, and it's actually someone else...someone else who is also attractive to you (wink wink), then asking her out first will be a check-mate scenario; you can't make any more moves on anyone else in that hospital without suggesting she's your second-choice...unless you're clever that is.

I'd take the time first to understand the whole situation before asking her out if I were you. If you're pretty sure it's just her that's into you, then go ahead. But if she's not, and it's actually someone else...someone else who is also attractive to you (wink wink), then asking her out first will be a check-mate scenario; you can't make any more moves on anyone else in that hospital without suggesting she's your second-choice...unless you're clever that is.

I only "talked" to two other girls. She was the nurse attending me and conducting the physical. The only girl that knew about my job. So it had to start from her, because they mentioned my job and she had to be the one to say something. On top of that, the receptionist said "fan club" meaning it was more than one girl.

Do you guys think I should go in and ask the receptionist, before my appointment, if it was the nurse that was one of my "fans" ? haha

I wouldn't ask her if she was one of your fans...that approach lacks confidence.

Instead, how about asking her (the receptionist, that is) if "your" nurse is attached. Just say "I'd like to get to know her, but need some help breaking the ice."

Rule #1 in life : Women LOVE when men ask for their help! So, ask the receptionist. Get her on your side. From there, just go with the flow (that she sets).

I wouldn't ask her if she was one of your fans...that approach lacks confidence.

You think so? It's a joke. You know...because she said, "You have a fanclub" and it's like, "well is she one of the fans?"...funny way of asking if she is interested. Don't see how that lacks confidence.

But you are right...women do love to help out.

Archived