Do you feel Better when it's an ANGRY break up ?

selkie

I had tried so hard to either get back together with my ex OR at least stay friends.

And this was after I found out he had done unspeakable things behind my back and lied to me about many things (being divorced, being in a car accident, breaking up with his exgf)

But still I was crazy in love and for a while kept contacting him a lot.

telling him i forgave him and our love could heal things.

I found out about all his lies when his best friend took me out to lunch and let lose...

he didnt get mad at him but told me I was shady (yes ME!)

and since then he refused to discuss all the bad things he did.

instead projecting his bad behavior on me.

So he has had a special gold dipped maple leaf necklace of mine ...

I left it at his house before our break up.

For 5 weeks Ive nagged him on IM to return it

Finally he said he would.

He then again told me he doesnt want to have any contact with me because Im shady

Finally I was so disgusted, I told him to throw away my necklace because I don;t want to touch anything his hands have also touched ever again.

I then told him for us both to forget he ever pretended to love or care about me.

And now Ive deleted him off IM, blocked him on all websites and emails.

I feel very glad. Sad but glad to finally make the forever move.

Now Im just in mourning.

Anyway did it make you feel better when you ended things on an angry note ?

You know what at the time I sent an angry letter right after she told me shes was seeing someone after I got the "I'm too busy for a relationship, the distance. maybe i just need time..etc" I felt really good after it for awhile, but now I begin to think I shoulda just left it alone and came away with my pride and my nice guy reputation in tact, I was sick of being the nice guy at that point. I sent it but now the real me is out and is asking " why?" shoulda just walked away now. Do I regret it?... no.. it did feel good to express my feelings which is always healthy in my mind

Anger helped me temporarily, so I rode the wave to get me past what otherwise might have been some pretty humiliating behaviors. Anger helped me clamp down on my pride and use it constructively, at least until I hit a crash n' burn.

When I fell into grief, I just let myself go there. Went through lots of tissues and ice cream. I'd work it through and build up my pride again, sometimes through stoking my anger, and sometimes just letting go of it and deciding that my stomach lining is too valuable to waste on someone who doesn't appreciate me.

Head high, and in your corner.

Anger helped me temporarily, so I rode the wave to get me past what otherwise might have been some pretty humiliating behaviors. Anger helped me clamp down on my pride and use it constructively, at least until I hit a crash n' burn.

When I fell into grief, I just let myself go there. Went through lots of tissues and ice cream. I'd work it through and build up my pride again, sometimes through stoking my anger, and sometimes just letting go of it and deciding that my stomach lining is too valuable to waste on someone who doesn't appreciate me.

Head high, and in your corner.

No ice cream for me, but I did go on a cheese, warm buttered bread and hot sticky bun mini binge today. It helped.

I know that it kills him that I said I dont want touch anything his hands have touched. That was a doozy.

For months I had been begging and sending little sweet nothings his way.

Being a total doormat to try and entreat him to even talk to me.

Im sure he was shocked that I finally said goodbye.

I feel good. The spark is back in my eyes.

I also know that he has done the SAME thing to many many many other women before me.

He was incredibly romantic and amazhing in bed.

And so over the years he has won the hearts of many women and drove them insane.

Some of them are incredibly talented and successful women too. Im just lil ole me.

He drove everyone from the head of a top PR company in Philadelphia to an actress who had once been on the old show Cheers INSANE.

Starkers.

So Im very glad I could keep it together so well.

Archived