I like him, but I'm so out of practice

MJ23

I have been broken up with my bf of two years since early May. It took since then, but I have finally began stop missing him and am actually excited to begin dating again.

There is a guy at my school that I really like. He is cute and intelligent and has a very good personality. I'm so out of practice when it comes to dating or flirting. My bf was my first bf ever and even then the dating stage was minimal until he asked me to be in a relationship. I feel very lost.

Also, I don't know if I should even bother. This guy is friends with LOTS of girls, lots of flirty and exciting girls. I am very shy and reserved but can be fun and exciting once you get to know me. But I'm definitely not wild and flirty, its just not my personality. Also, he's very athletic and I'm starting to lose weight but could prob stand to lose another 15 pounds

Overall, between never really dating before and being shy and being slightly overweight, I feel as if I should just not bother at all. But I'd really like to get to know this guy and I set up a tutoring session with him in an attempt to at least let him know I exist.

I feel like I know I'll prob end up getting rejected, but are there any tips on how I can overcome this feeling of being at a loss of how to get a guy to like you, persue him, etc.? I don't want to make a fool of myself.

Maybe start by trying to hang out in a group setting somewhere and then get a feel for how he feels toward you. If you feel like he might be into you, then go ahead and ask him out. Being a guy, I had a girl ask me out one time and I kind of liked it. You'll never know if you don't try. What's the worst that can happen? He'll say no? If he says no thanks, then nothing has changed. Don't let fear hold you back. Fear is the number one obstacle that gets in the way of great achievements.

Taking into consideration your lack of experience, and self-esteem issues, ask yourself if getting involved with a guy who hangs around with flirtatious girls is going to make your insecurities worse.

You're already comparing his physical attributes with yours, yours being seen in a negative light.

If you want to get to know him better, my suggestion is stick with tutoring and forget a date for the time being. Practice with someone a little more 'safe.'

Archived