Fears?

berzerk

Ok so I don't know why, but for some reason, the thought of me driving a car stresses me out big time. I'm 19 yrs old and still have no license, though I'm getting it soon. I've been practicing driving but haven't been on a street too busy yet. I never really liked cars too much and have always been more interested in motorcycles. But since money is tight, I can't pay for gear and the motorcycle class so i'm going to have to be forced to drive for now. Call me crazy, but I feel like i'd be more at ease on a motorcycle then in a car. Can anyone relate? What things in life stress you out?

the first time i drove by myself, i was shaking so bad that i could barely steer. but within 5 minutes of being alone, i learned more about driving than i did during the entire time i was in drivers ed. i know it's scary, but you have to just go for it (as long as you feel ready.) motorcycle, in my opinion, are even scarier than cars because you don't have the protective shield of the doors, windshield, etc.

what is it about driving that stresses you out?

For instance, I imagine me being in a 4-lane, and I would go over 3 lanes without looking and crash into someone. Or I will be backing up and a car would come around a curve and I wouldn't notice as I'm backing up and get slammed. I dunno, things like that. :sad:

For instance, I imagine me being in a 4-lane, and I would go over 3 lanes without looking and crash into someone. Or I will be backing up and a car would come around a curve and I wouldn't notice as I'm backing up and get slammed. I dunno, things like that.

you know that motorcyclists have the same rules that regular drivers do right? so if you're confident on one, i don't see why not the other? i used to have nightmares every night before getting my license about horrific crashes at so on, but trust me when i say that the first day driving alone will teach you so much more than any teacher can

you know that motorcyclists have the same rules that regular drivers do right? so if you're confident on one, i don't see why not the other? i used to have nightmares every night before getting my license about horrific crashes at so on, but trust me when i say that the first day driving alone will teach you so much more than any teacher can

Well I think it's because on motorcycles, I don't feel so closed in and bulky as I do in a car. Though I know that cars are much safer, I feel like i'm a larger target.

Archived