Question for the girls...

curious11

Is it possible to get your period and still not be able to have kids?

Ive heard my g/f say this numerous times that she just "believes" she cant get pregnant, because with her last b/f she never got pregnant with, and had unprotected sex with him a lot. And she never once got pregnant with him.

She did have a miscarriage when she was 13.

Im not saying id like to have a baby with this girl, but if shes the one for me then yes i would like to in the future.

Yes, it's possible to menstruate regularly and have difficulty being pregnant. How old is your girlfriend? Regardless if she's infertile or not, it's very unsafe for her to have unprotected sex regularly. A miscarriage at 13? Why did she have unprotected sex at that age? How educated is she about sex? DO NOT let her talk you into having unprotected sex with you. Insist on wearing a condom and make sure she's on the pill.

I suggest you both go to clinic to check for STDs and such, and fertility if you wish. If your GF is unsure about anything, she should ask questions to professionals. I'm concerned she's wandered into dangerous territory she knows nothing about.

This is kind of personal, shes had 3 abortions with her last b/f. I didnt really want to say it... and yes we both got checked for stds.

Would having abortions make it impossible to have kids?

No.... It doesn't change anything...

Use protection, all of the time.

A friend of mine was born 23 years ago, four years after her mother was meant to have irreversible surgery to prevent her from being pregnant.

Jesus, anything is possible.

This is kind of personal, shes had 3 abortions with her last b/f. I didnt really want to say it... and yes we both got checked for stds.

Well then she can obviously get pregnant, can't she?

No, abortions do not necessarily make it more unlikely to have kids. Why in God's name has she not learned to use protection? Or stop having sex if she doesn't believe in it? Multiple abortions can cause serious psychological and bodily harm.

If they're botched, but I wouldn't bet on it.

If you don't want to be a dad now, use protection. That simple. Unless she has a diagnosis that says she's 100% infertile and will never ever concieve, she can always get pregnant.

The fact she got pregnant 3 times already is a big clue.

She's had three abortions, yet says that she never got pregnant with him?

Is this girl for real?

I'd take the view that the birth control in this relationship is going to be your responsibility - whatever you do, don't have unprotected sex. I'm wondering if her denial about being able to get pregnant is part of protecting herself from the reality of her abortions. Having a miscarriage, even without all the abortions, is very traumatic at any time, but a 13 year old is unlikely to have the emotional maturity to deal with it. Many people try (whether consciously or not) to get pregnant again after an abortion or miscarriage. Has she had any counselling?

shes been through a lot. I assumed she never got pregnant with her ex. But the reason i posted this is because we were in the middle of the conversation. Thats when she told me she has had 3 abortions with her ex. and that she thinks that having abortions screws up the organs.

I can provide some anecdotal evidence...

My ex and I had regular unprotected redweek sex. We both knew each other's STD count [clear on both ends!] and we were completely comfortable with each other. She liked the feeling of no condom, and felt if helped me out to. I'm not quite sure, but it was nice.

We usually skipped the first day or two, as it was both two heavy and it is in this time where there is a high chance. Otherwise, after those one-two days we have between 3 and 5 days of red week.

Condoms were our only form of BC. We did have one fall off once that lead to issues, and that was a bit of a scare as her period was late, but it worked out in the end...wheeh...

She did not get pregnant once from red week sex, though there is a chance for it to happen - there's always a chance, every body is different. Naturally, i'd say you want to be with someone you really trust before doing something like this, and of course all of us who have sex ARE prepared for the consequences, even if we take the precautions to prevent pregnancy...YES???

She can get pregnant, end of story. I know too many people who claimed they couldn't...and then they did.

3 abortions and a miscarriage at age 13? Either she's making that up or she needs serious therapy...having abortions and miscarriages isn't something one throws around lightly, unless they're so immature that they don't understand the severity of it.

Use a condom!

ya she does therapy and stuff.. shes had a very tough childhood. She hasnt thrown that around lightly, she actually said its embaressing and that i would probably think differently of her because of all that. But she told me because i was curious as to why she was saying she couldnt have kids. She def. has a lot to learn, and is immature... Im the one that has to be cautious in this relationship, and i take full responsabilty in making sure she doesnt get pregnant.

Archived