he still has my stuff!

arsenic_n_lace

So I dated this guy for about a month and a bit (kinda long distance) and we would lend each other things. Well I decided to break up with him, that was about two months ago. Unfortunately he still has four of my movies and I have a movie of his and a shirt. He still has not given me my stuff back!

I sent him a message maybe like a month ago saying that I feel bad about having his things around and maybe next time he’s in town (his family lives here so he visits every once in a while) he could come by and pick them up and bring my things with him as well. So he said that he’d let me know next time he was in town but that he’s just been really busy. Well I know for a fact that he was in town a couple weeks ago for the weekend and he made no attempt at contacting me.

So I really want my stuff back but I don’t know how to go about it. I’ve already asked politely and that didn’t work and I kind of want to send a more direct message but I have a feeling if I act a bit on the mean side he won’t give me my stuff back. We didn’t end on the best of terms and he’s the type of guy who keep my things just to spite me.

So how should I go about this?

I don't know if this is the right forum or not, i thought about maybe putting it in the break up forum but i wasn't sure so anyway here it goes!

Why not just mail his stuff back, and hope he follows suit? It's not as if holding his stuff is any kind of ransom for yours. You don't want his things anyway, so just demo how simple it is to put things in a box and mail them. Either he'll do the same, or you're out 4 movies--a small price to pay for moving your life forward.

I agree with catfeeder, mail is the best option. Just send a letter with his stuff saying that you'd appreciate it if he could mail yours back to you too. If you want to ensure it comes back you could even include a postage paid bag in the package??

Or is there any chance you'll be in his area any time soon? Or fo you have a friend there who would swing past his place and collect the stuff for you?

Ammy

I'm having a similar problem, this guy I had a thing with has my guitar... one day he was texting me about something else and I brought it up, saying "can you give my guitar to (mutual friend who is closer to him than I am right now and sees him often) so she can pass it to me? thanks"

his reply: "Hahahaha..no."

When I asked why not, his reply was just "hahahaha"

My mutual friend spoke to him about it and she told me that he wants me to come and ask for it from him in person, because according to him "it's the polite thing to do"

UGH

just buy 4 new dvds? too much hassle to get four movies back i think. if you know where he lives at 'home' where you are, just drop his stuff off there instead of mailing it.

Yup. Stuff is replaceable. Consider this a small price for tuition--you'll never be ripped off again.

HILARIOUS Barber Fails To Date - Co...
HILARIOUS Barber Fails To Date - Compilation Try Not to Laugh 😅🤣😂 #shorts

Archived