To the Amazons

meteorstrike
6'3 8th grader tries to dunk on...
6'3 8th grader tries to dunk on NBA Player Taco Falls #shorts

You've heard the word Amazon before. This term is used to describe very tall women. There is a girl I adore and she happens to be a 6'3 volleyball player. I am pretty short and thin/toned build and Asian. So far she thinks I'm smart and responsible. I also have very cute medium length hair. What are my chances really?

You've heard the word Amazon before. This term is used to describe very tall women. There is a girl I adore and she happens to be a 6'3 volleyball player. I am pretty short and thin/toned build and Asian. So far she thinks I'm smart and responsible. I also have very cute medium length hair. What are my chances really?

??? no one knows that. talk to her. what do you have to lose?

Not often (although in Holland the men are generally quite tall compared to other countries, I felt like a giant living in Italy and US). I speak from a bit of experience even if I am not even THAT tall (omg 6'3). However, there is a difference (again speaking for myself...) between dating a men that is just a an inch shorter or someone that is short even in the context of short men. TallER is not a requirement for me but as tall or nearly as tall is nice somehow.

But please, I am not her, and what do you have to loose? you sound like a great guy, just ask her out for a coffee and find out if she minds a difference in tall-ness

Not often (although in Holland the men are generally quite tall compared to other countries, I felt like a giant living in Italy and US). I speak from a bit of experience even if I am not even THAT tall (omg 6'3). However, there is a difference (again speaking for myself...) between dating a men that is just a an inch shorter or someone that is short even in the context of short men. TallER is not a requirement for me but as tall or nearly as tall is nice somehow.

But please, I am not her, and what do you have to loose? you sound like a great guy, just ask her out for a coffee and find out if she minds a difference in tall-ness

Aww that stinks. I have to stand on a step to be her height. I also secretly wish she would wear heels sometimes.

Is this a girl you've at least talked to or just kinda admired from the sidelines. How do you even know she's into Asian guys for instance, or that hair style of yours? (ideally it shouldn't matter but hey, these things do)

Holy cow 6'3! Somehow I don't think it'll matter that much because she's so tall she'll just have to get used to "shorter" guys. And yes if the whole shyness thing wasn't enough already I'd be intimidated by a girl (or anyone for that matter) 3 inches taller than me.

Aww that stinks. I have to stand on a step to be her height. I also secretly wish she would wear heels sometimes.

I am just speaking for me- I feel uncomfortable when being a head taller than a man. HOWEVER, I have dated men who were a bit shorter than I was, and I didn't mind it as much as I anticipated. I never was in a situation where a man a lot shorter approached me.

In fact, I think I'd regret it if men felt like they couldn't approach me if they thought I'd find them too short. It's not on my 'standard' list for a man so to say.

Please don't read in my message that you shouldn't ask her out, you SHOULD!!

I am just speaking for me- I feel uncomfortable when being a head taller than a man. HOWEVER, I have dated men who were a bit shorter than I was, and I didn't mind it as much as I anticipated. I never was in a situation where a man a lot shorter approached me.

In fact, I think I'd regret it if men felt like they couldn't approach me if they thought I'd find them too short. It's not on my 'standard' list for a man so to say.

Please don't read in my message that you shouldn't ask her out, you SHOULD!!

So a much shorter guy has never approached you? have you found any of them cute?

I've actually never come accross a tall woman who was picky about the whole height thing. it seems to be the average height women who care more. My cousin is 6'0 (and a model) and she almost married a guy who was 5'8. She didn't care one bit. She even wore VERY high heels when she was with him.

That said, it is very possible that she could be someone who has a problem with it. I guess you never know until you try. Good luck.

So a much shorter guy has never approached you? have you found any of them cute?

Only when I lived in Italy, most Italian men are shorter than I am. The men I dated there were tall for Italian men, but shorter than I was (not a tremendous difference, let's say 2-3 inches).

I am 1.84m (ehm, 6'0?), Dutch men are by average 1.80m (5'9), there is plenty of men taller than I am.

It's true at least for my dating career (which has ended a longgg while ago), that I never had a Dutch man ask me out that wasn't as tall or taller. Strange now that I think of it. I know of at least 1 guy I've found very attractive that was shorter... but honestly, I love tall men. It's not even something in relation to me BEING tall, it's just something I like about a man, a personal thing. Just like I prefer slender to skinny men over muscled men

Only when I lived in Italy, most Italian men are shorter than I am. The men I dated there were tall for Italian men, but shorter than I was (not a tremendous difference, let's say 2-3 inches).

I am 1.84m (ehm, 6'0?), Dutch men are by average 1.80m (5'9), there is plenty of men taller than I am.

180 cm is 5'11 and 184 is just a bit over 6'0

That means there would be a fair few men who are taller than you.

Yeah, but the relevant group (age between 25-35) is generally taller than the older generation But it's true. At my work, there's only one guy in my research group taller, all others are shorter. I didn't even realize that I've come to the point I am ignoring being tall. I was the tallest kid in class until I was 16. Boys included. You become numb for the comments on your height. And popular for basketbal-team-picking in gym class. I didn't date in HS.

haha sorry I can't really do feet and inches and that. I'm a metric person

Anyways... back to your incredibly tall girl, gonna ask her out? I think you should.

I shall echo everyone else... You won't know if she likes you until you try. But it's altogether possible she would indeed like you I am a 6'1" woman myself, married, but for a while I had kind of a crush on this very small Asian fellow who would help me at the store sometimes. If I was single I certainly wouldn't know how to go about communicating my interest to someone that much smaller... he would probably get offended or something! Confidence is not my strong suit so I couldn't tell you how to approach her. Best of luck with it, though!

Generally, I can say that tall women usually have an issue with height and dating guys nearly the same height as her. Pehaps she could not have this hang up. I say just make a move, ask her out and see what happens.

On the contrary I've noticed that a lot of tall women are less concerned about their partner's height (and will even approach guys knowing that most guys will won't approach them being intimidated by her height).

I'm 5'11. It's hard to find men taller than I am. I can't say I particularly love short men, but i'm not opposed to dating them. I've dated a man shorter than me(by two inches) and a bunch my same height. One of my best friends is 6'1 and her husband is 5"10. When you're that tall..you really can't find many men taller. So, she's probably used to dating shorter men. I'd say...go for it. Test the waters. You won't know until you try.

I'm 1.99m (6'6" in US) and it's really up to the person in question. Some people like shorter guys, some people like taller guys. Some people just like guys they can laugh with and relax around.

It's totally subjective.

^ I need you to come have babies with me. They'd be huge...but hell....they'd be sure to make it to the NBA!

Archived