Ideas for my anniversary?!

thekid55

The 28th marks a year anniversary for my girlfriend and I. We are younger, both 20 yrs old, and are college students. I really want to do something special for her. It falls on a Monday night, but I want try to think of something special to remember the night. I've gotten her these really nice ruby earrings that she wants. I want to plan a special dinner or something of sorts for us. Any ideas? We go to school within an hour of NYC.

Monday night football?

Oh wait no, she might not like that.

Don't go overboard on the first anniversary - trust me.... you need to make little gifts on year one, and gradually build it up. If you give her ruby earrings on year one you're setting a dangerous precedent for yourself for next year.

girls, generally, just want to spend time with you... a nice meal out, a bunch of flowers and literally a whole night together (maybe even just walking and talking, holding hands etc) would be more than enough

I agree with d24-don't go all out crazy, b/c hopefully a year will be nothing compared to the amount of time you guys will spend together in the future (yeah optimism!).

OK-a kind of cool, but slightly cheesy idea would be to do something that evening that combines your past & future. Like say you 2 meet at a certain pub-start off the evening with drinks at the pub. Or maybe you met in maths class-get a card & write silly formulas in it or have ice cream for desert outside the maths building. And maybe you both have been talking about taking a vacation together (to the beach-go eat seafood, to Mexico-Mexican, etc...) or maybe you'd like to start golf lessons together-go to a driving range.

Simple stuff like that is inexpensive & you still show her you care enough to plan it. Creativity goes much further than just throwing down cash.

OH-one more thing a friend of mine did for his gf. He got one of those decrotive boxes & filled it with stuff from their relationship (movie ticket stubs, holiday photos, favorite poems/songs, etc...) & then they both got dressed up, went out to a nice dinner & had their pics taken in one of those little photo booths. At the end of the night, he add those pics to the box & gave it to her-it was a memory box that they could add to each year as their love grew-very cute & sweet, so maybe try that?

We recreated our first date on our first anniversary.

It was fun to go back, sit at the same spot, order the same food and basically laugh at ourselves and how awful our first date was, and to reminisce at how the past year went.

And like carbon said.

I made him a scrapbook for the first four years of our relationship [it became too much eventually!]

But to put together all the years photos and memories, and leave a blank spot at the end to take a photo and slip it in.

How to Celebrate an Epic Year of Fi...
How to Celebrate an Epic Year of Firsts

Archived