I can't stop comparing myself to others

Fadein

Ugh...I'm almost twenty-five and can't even deal with anything. I can't stop comparing myself to other people. I feel like I just got totally screwed over in the looks department, I feel like I have no talent, which isn't good, because I moved to California to try and become a screenwriter.

I always compare myself to the better looking guys and see that they get everything they want. I hate everything about my appearance, no muscle, fat, small hands, small penis. Everything. I'm not really good at anything. I just wish I had the balls to end everything. I've felt like this since Junior High, I can't do this much longer....

BTW, I remember reading a post in this section about reading a book by Eckert Tolle...I bought the book and it was way too new agey. I think I believe in the Law of Attaction, but can't seem to get it to work for me.

Oh, don't compare yourself to other people... you CAN do something about being fat.. having a small penis.. wow, that is such small potatoes in the big scheme of things. I really DON'T prefer guys with a huge penis..

Have you ever considered how awful it is for women to give a BJ to a guy with a HUGE penis? anyway...

Must be awfully nice living near the beach though.. You ought to take advantage of that and take up some water sports like surfing or rowing..swimming. windsurfing.. that would definitely get you some muscle after awhile...

I think that so. Cal if probably a cliquey place when it comes to looks... I wud NOT let the New Agers get to you.. where ya from anyway?

Relax. I'm sure there is something about you, that someone else sees but yourself. Stop putting yourself down and try to start focusing on the better things. Don't believe everything you see. Some people can have it worst than you and you don't even know it!

Hey Fadein, I used to be in the same boat as u. And out of no where, this girl came along who was so damn pretty. I used to wonder sometimes how come she is with me. We were together for 4 long years. Broke up 2 months back.

While i was with her, i never compared my self with anyone around. But starting to loose my confidence again since she left me.

But the point being, people see you the way you see ur self. If you dont feel confident about your self, people can easily see this. Inner confidence is a must. Its funny how i am giving you this advice even though I myself am struggling to get my confidence back

"The Law of Attraction" is just the power of positive thinking. You are what you think. That's it. There's really nothing more "new-agey" to it than that. I don't see how you can get a whole book out of this very simple premise. Think positively! It's good for your health!

I do this too

I am slim but I have such small breasts, smaller than all of my friends (34 B) and I hate it. I wish I was just one size bigger at least because they make me feel childlike. I'm a blonde naturally but everyone seems to hate blondes now, but brunette hair would look awfully fake on me. I feel less attractive than my brunette best friend (who is one size breasts biger than me too!). I have a big * * * * that I think is out of proportion to the rest of my body (especially with my small boobs, an hourglass figure would have been nice). I hate how awkward I am, how I vanish in groups, how I have depression as it makes me feel weak. I hate myself for being such a jealous person.

I was the last one out of the group of girls I hung out with at school to start dating but one girl (who isn't looking and is saving herself for marriage), I felt like I was hideous because back then I had bad acne. I still have a few scars near my hairline so I refuse to wear my hair up *ever*. I felt like there was something wrong with me, and now I look at my boyfriend who began dating early and lost his virginity age sixteen (to the ex I despise, I wish it was his other one if not me ) and I feel less attractive than him. It doesn't matter what he says, I feel like he has stepped down with me because of this and it's really stupid. I'm the girl nobody wanted back then and I still feel the same about myself now.

I compare myself to:

* My boyfriend's ex (the one I hate)

* My boyfriend

* My best friend

* My other best friend

* My ex friend who I loathe and really put me down at school.

* My fifteen year old cousin who I feel childlike next to despite being five years older.

* Strangers.

So yeah jealousy all round here there's loads of us who feel this way. The thing is though you look very different in the eyes of other people. I see myself this way but my boyfriend seems to think I am the most gorgeous & sexy thing on the planet and he tells me all the time. Sometimes you'll never understand why someone finds you attractive, I guess I try to claim it's simply beauty in the eye of the beholder.

This is very simple. You think crap about yourself, so will other people. If you're honest with yourself and accept yourself for who you are and find all the positives amongst the negatives, so will other people. More often than not, people don't always want to think for themselves, so they tend to just go with someone's self image.

So you're basically telling the world that you suck, and then somehow upset and amazed that you're alone?

Cmon, dude. Man up and just work on the things you can, accept what you can't and live life. It's meant to be happy.

This is very simple. You think crap about yourself, so will other people. If you're honest with yourself and accept yourself for who you are and find all the positives amongst the negatives, so will other people. More often than not, people don't always want to think for themselves, so they tend to just go with someone's self image.

So you're basically telling the world that you suck, and then somehow upset and amazed that you're alone?

Cmon, dude. Man up and just work on the things you can, accept what you can't and live life. It's meant to be happy.

Perfect...

Archived