What a woman wants (USA) vs. What a woman needs (Foreign Country)

friendsoulmate
Top 10 Countries to Get All the Ple...
Top 10 Countries to Get All the Pleasure of Online Dating

Me again. 39-year-old, heterosexual, virgin, Christian man. I have just come back from vacation and some of this time, easily spent reflecting on my thoughts, has brought me to a new dating/soulmate conclusion. Career women in the U.S.A. don't need men, they only want a man. (Side note: I was born and raised in the U.S.A. and the only foreign country I have ever traveled to, is Canada). Career women in the U.S.A. want to be picky and easily say "no" to men who don't suit their connoisseur tastes, similar to choosing from a salad bar. Women in some foreign countries need men so badly, that they won't be picky, and they don't find very many reasons to say "no" to a man like me: 39-year-old, heterosexual, virgin, Christian man, without sexy abs. About 5 years ago, I had my profile on a personals website, and I had a line of Russian women who were anxious to start communicating with me. I guess these women wanted U.S. citizenship so badly, that they were going to try to seduce U.S. men into liking them, so they could get some easy path to U.S. citizenship. I quickly figured this out and did not continue communicating with these seductive, Russian women. The common, personals, dating websites today do a good job of blocking out these seductions from foreign women. When a woman wants a man, it makes a relationship more deep, meaningful, sincere and unconditional. When a woman needs a man, it makes it easier, especially for a shy man, to get a date, and a man does like to know he is needed. The drawback to these seductive, "I'm so desperate", "need-based" dates is, I doubt there will be any deep, meaningful, committed, loving relationships come from these dates, because this shallowness just means that your date will have that wandering eye and when they think someone better is now in their lives, then they will be tempted to cheat on their so-called lover.

I don't know about that. I have a lot of "career women" friends who feel they "need" a man, and a few who don't. I lived in Japan for a while and I found that some women there didn't feel that they "needed" a man, but were often pressured into getting married. Similarly, I know plenty of European women who don't feel the need to have a man.

And yes, there are lots of foreign women who just want a ticket to the U.S. There are a lot of foreign men who do this too. But there are also plenty of men and women in the U.S. looking for a ticket to residency in a foreign country.

I think it's a little too general to assume women "need" or "don't need" a man based on where they are from.

However, I do agree with you that a relationship based on being desperate for a mate has the potential to be shallow. A relationship should be based on trust and respect, not a feeling of "needing" the other person - that is often how abusive relationships are formed.

Archived