Post here instead of contacting your ex!

Also the fact that you think I'd willing to be friends with someone as childish as you is quite frankly delusional. I know I had offered friendship when I ended things, but that was before you rammed your chaotic thoughts down my throat.

I have too much self respect for that. You're passed early 30's for God sakes.

Start acting your age, it's just sad and pathetic.

Cya.

Blocking ♡

You know... I think about you all the time. I'm trying to heal without you. I just need for time go by faster. I need to see changes in my life already even though it's only been a week since you left. I'm doing NC though and either way you won't reply because I tried reaching out to you. I thought you were someone I could be open with and express all my fears. You left me in my darkest moments.. I don't blame you I just couldn't control my emotions. I am working on that and working on myself. You leaving was a wake up call for me to get right back up. I know I will have good and bad days without you. I feel incomplete yet relieved. I know one day you will come back to me and idk how I'll be handling that. I just know that I love you with all of my heart yet I resent you for giving up on us. I also know I'll be a better person then. I wonder if you even miss me rn. If you think of me or if your goals will always be your priority...

Probably because I am feeling ill, and not in the best of moods today, I feel like I really want to reach out to you. There is nothing like the acknowledgment that comes from a faux relationship on the internet that can make everything FEEL better. I know it isn't real, but it still has the desired effect.

My heart is in shreds, and it has only been a week NC from you. It is not a good day.

• 2 weeks later...

J,

Its been exactly a month today when I told you I didn’t want to be with you anymore. You didn’t even get mad when I told you I had romantic feelings for someone else (although never physical). You didn’t blame me. You knew how you treated me had driven me to this new guy and you were kind and understanding. That’s the hardest part. I think about you from time to time and I just wanted to say I hope you’re doing well. I hope your new job is everything you hoped it would be and I hope you’re seeing lots of new places and making new friends. I’m hopeful for a lot of things. I gained back the depression weight I lost when things got really bad between us. Im a healthy weight again. I’m with him now.

I also wanted to thank you for showing me all the ways I was wrong to you and we were wrong to each other and for each other. I had so much self reflection to work on and I’m trying to be a better girlfriend and overall person now in the future and I’m sorry I couldn’t be that for you, during our time together. im sorry we hurt each other so repetitively to the point where we were both reduced to a sad pulp of feelings. I’m sorry to have cried in your arms while you held me because I was so hurt by you. And for us to say those nasty things to one another. Still there is a gap where you used to be in my heart. Even though I knew it wasn’t going to last. Even though that one day at the bed and breakfast in the islands while we lay in bed, i had too much to drink and I was slurring my words and wrapping my arms around you and I said I would never be in love with you. It just sort of came out. I hurt you really badly when I said that. It was true, but I shouldn’t have said that.

Even when the storms were calm there was something missing. Like the passion was only there when we fought and made love. Besides that I was bored, fantasizing of other men. You left me for that short period and slept with her and I guess I never really recovered. It hurt so badly at first I thought I’d explode with sadness but then it got easier as the days passed. And easier and easier and so easy eventually that I was more numb than ever before and I wanted you to go away. I thought about him when we were in bed together and I wanted you to leave my place so I could call him. I was terrible, but clinging to the familiarity and comfort you offered me. I didn’t love you. I don’t think I ever did. Just like I told you. I’m sorry I wrote “I love you” in that journal. I mistook our mind-blowing passion in bed for love and I see that now. It was just physical.

I hope you had fun in China. I’m not so sad anymore, now that we’re apart. I’m very happy. I hope your days are all happy too. I hope you find someone to share that happiness with, like I did and I hope you keep the journal I wrote you and I hope every once in a while you open it and think of me and see my messy handwriting telling you stories of the good times we shared, up until they became fewer and farther in between. Maybe we will pass by one another before I hop on my plane at the airport, the place we spent so many days together, and it may just be a quick glance, or maybe you’ll say hi. Until then, J.

-N

I wish I was better to you. More aware of your feelings. You threw yourself into your work and forgot about me and I started to get angry because of it. You didn't touch me. You didn't kiss me. I felt rejected. But this entire time you were slowly started to fall out of love with me and I didn't see it. I would always ask you what was wrong? Are you still attracted to me? I would beg you to talk to me and you didn't. Instead you blind sided me feelings that built up over the past months.

You should have told me things were going so wrong. What hurts me the most is you fell out of love with me. After all we've been through and yes things haven't been the best the past few months but I'm still madly in love with you. You said you need space but this is driving my crazy, not knowing what you're thinking. We can't be stuck in this limbo as you sit there and decide our future. Either we work this out and try to get back to the place we were once in or just let me go because this isn't fair to me.

It's been almost 30 days of NC and I feel so much better with you out of my life. You thought that you were going to hang around and cause me heartbreak and misery-- until I pulled your card. Now I'm bulletproof and you'll never get close enough to ever hurt me AGAIN. And you can bet THAT!!!

From the moment you choked me, I knew that I would never move in with you and expose my kids to an unsafe situation. I realized that you were a bully who beat on weaker people who couldnt fight back and I lost ALL respect for you that day. I couldn't whip you, but I knew I'd never be exclusive with you either. You were just like the abusive men that I encountered before you, so I treated you accordingly and made you a f*** buddy while keeping my options open.

You beat me repeatedly and blamed me for it. So I had you arrested and you wore an ankle monitor for 6 months. You were EXPOSED to your family, your former colleagues at the jail were you worked, and many others for the abuser you really are behind closed doors-- and you HATED me for exposing you. This resulted in you falling behind in your bills, filing for bankruptcy, and having to come out of retirement at 60 years of age to return to work full time-- was controlling me REALLY worth it?

But worse than that, your youngest daughter threw up in your face that you beat me -- and I'm so glad that you told me this before I cut you off. You loved throwing up stuff in my face. I sleep GOOD at night knowing that she knows you did that s*** because you lied and denied it to everybody but atleast she knows the truth and she will never respect YOU the same. Your family already knew how violent you were considering that you went to jail for hitting your own blood sister, and your daughters mom. I'm just the only woman that locked you up and wasn't accepting the physical abuse. I loved you so much at one time- but like all the women you "loved" before me, your constant criticisms, insults, controlling and physical abuse destroyed the loving warm feelings that I felt for you-- and I don't even hate you, I'm more indifferent than anything.

So if you never see me again (I pray that you don't ever bother me again) just know that my reputation, my freedom, and my life hasn't changed one bit. You are the one who had to rebuild your life behind the choice YOU made to abuse me. That first police report from the choking incident was a warning to respect my boundaries-- but since you are a narcissist, you thought the laws didn't apply to you and neither did my boundaries- so keep getting up early and going to work when you should be resting after working 40 years. Keep being the insecure, evil, empty vessel you've been all of your life. You THOUGHT that you would break me. You thought that you'd get revenge on me, but f****d around and dug a ditch for yourself in the process. I'm still alive, still smiling, still enjoying my life- and I pity any woman that crosses your angry, bitter, resentful path. Your own sister doesn't really like you-- and yes, I met her and she told me some ish about you!! BUT that's for me to know and you to never find out!!! I wish you peace and I hope that you find out the true meaning of loving a woman. Choking women, busting your ex gfs eardrum, hitting your own sister, and calling all your exes crazy b****es is not indicative of respecting and valuing a woman. It's quite the contrary.

Saw an old photo of you ever so briefly after finding an old camera in a box I was moving around. Looked for a fraction of a second and it immediately took me back to that place. Things were so good back in that moment in time when that picture was taken. It was all new, fresh, fun. I immediately turned the camera off, removed the batteries, and stuffed it in a drawer. Maybe I'll find it again in a year...but hopefully not repeat that mistake. For a moment, I cringed and wanted to reach out. It's been 8+ months since we last spoke. Obviously I miss you. Clearly I still have deep feelings for you. Maybe I'm not ready to be indifferent. I'm sure if I went on social media and saw what you were up to, I'd lose it completely.

I wonder how you are. I wonder if you are happy. As much as I miss the good memories, I can't help but also remember the bad ones. It's a cruel, double edged sword, these memories. I wonder if you feel the same. Maybe one day I wont feel this way, and will be able to look through all of our old pictures and simply smile with fondness. I'm sorry things didn't work out. I really miss all the little secrets we had and shared. I miss your mind and your voice.

I'm trying to improve myself slowly. My health isn't where I want it to be and sometimes I feel a lot older than I am. My goal is to be healthy by next year and maybe that will open new doors for me socially. Maybe I'll find new friends. Maybe I'll meet someone new. Who knows. I have to keep focus on the "new". I must press forward. If I reach out and go back now...I won't feel like I accomplished what I set out to do. I realize I'm betting on myself...but its all I can do. Only I can make myself happy going forward. I hope one day, if we ever re-connect, you'll see that and be proud.

Bye. Sure saves me a lot of money and time spent traveling. I’ll tell you the truth, I never really believed you. I wanted to, god knows I did, I wanted the storybook ending but it was all just too fake and I knew it in about the first three months. But hey it was worth giving a second shot. Weird thing is this time it didn’t hurt, guess that means I was already gone. That being said, yes, I’m already seeing someone else, yes, she’s half my age, but there’s some things there that were missing with us. 1) we can actually have a full conversation and it’s easy. 2) unlike us, we were raised in the same type of lifestyle, 3) she’s a dog person, 4) she likes to deer, duck, and turkey hunt, 5) she’s got a solid head on her shoulders, makes plans and sticks to them. So even though she’s half my age it’s nice.

I feel like im finally getting over you. I went up in the mountains and hiked for nearly 100 miles. I almost lost it along the way. I couldn't stop thinking about you. Every memory that I could conjure came to mind. I felt and processed them all. I thought about every possibility with your new boyfriend. I wanted to step off the side of the mountains at times. Then one night laid in my tent for hours, crying off and on, staring at the leaf patterns. I woke up the next morning, shed a few more tears, and it felt as if you were in the past. It felt like the fever broke. I stupidly decided to look at your facebook profile picture a few days after that. It was a new picture of you and your son. You were obviously somewhere away from home. Did your boyfriend take that picture? You both looked so happy. My mind immediately raced to fill in all the blanks. I spiraled down the hole again, back to square one. After a few days, I started to feel a bit better. I still think about you very often but it isn't the same. It seems more out of habit or lack of anything else to do. I feel weird even writing this post. I have a hard time thinking anything good about you anymore. It seems that I wont have any good memories. I cant tell if that's a defense mechanism or the truth. Maybe a mixture of both. Ive also met someone else that ive developed a crush on. I think its unreciprocated but I don't care. She isn't you. Its nice to not want you for a change. I still look for your car when I drive the familiar routes. I still think about making love to you. But you are fading away from me and it's not that sad for once.

• Like 1

boy was I wrong in the post above. It has come back with a vengeance. The depression. The longing for you. I dont feel that ill ever be happy again or that ill ever be able to replace you. What was wrong with me that you weren't enough? Why did I think I could do better? Today I hate my life. I can't even look at pictures of you for fear that ill regress even further. I doubt im even a blip on your radar at this point. You never cared to even check in on me. You never had any compassion for me. Why was it so easy for you to find someone new and be happy? What is wrong with me? Do I not deserve love and respect? I just want it to all be over.

We are both responsible for the demise of our relationship.

I made you my idol. I became clingy, needy, and started smothering you out of fear of losing you. That was not fair to either of us. More importantly, I was not at a place where I could help you grow in the faith. More often than not, my love was misdirected and I pulled you down to appease my fleshy desires. I am so sorry for that and now I only wish I had honored and protected you better. I truly wish you had dated the man that I became in our time apart.

Whether you want to admit it or not, you emotionally cheated. You chose to have heart-to-heart conversations with Thomas and to go to him when you wanted to talk about something at the expense of our relationship. You chose to feed your crush when you were talking to Thomas like he was your partner every day.

I have forgiven you. I have moved on. I do hope you learn from this and are cautious with how you handle affective relationships going forward.

When we broke up, I was absolutely devastated. You have to understand that I lost not just the person I was completely in love with, but the person who was my best friend in every single way.

When you leave a relationship to almost immediately jump into another, I want you to understand the toll it takes on a person, both mentally and emotionally. The individual you left feels like they aren't good enough or were never good enough for your love. They feel as if they never had a chance, completely and utterly invisible to how much significance they serve in your life. No matter what they do to prove how much they care about you, it just never seems to be enough. Their value of self-worth becomes less and less as each day goes by, knowing that they were replaced and no longer your favorite person.

But through the heartache comes strength and I have you to thank for that. Even though it was some of the most difficult times of my life, I learned the greatest lesson about myself, most importantly about my heart. When I tried to fight for you, I thought I was doing it to not only get you back but to save my heart from any more heartache. What I actually learned was how strong my heart became. I realized that it's so important to follow your heart, no matter where it may lead you.

• Like 1

My opinions and feelings are still so conflicting. I still feel like my heart and my head are fighting every day. I miss you still, of course. I kind of thought after four months I would be well on my way to getting over you, and I suppose in some ways I really am. But you're like a fly buzzing around, giving me breadcrumbs through my friends and family and swiping right to me on tinder...... how annoying. Maybe you're doing it intentionally or maybe you're just looking back in confusion the same way I am. I never wanted to have to get over you but I'm trying every day and fighting my heart every day to move on from you. Please stop contacting my mother. It's manipulative and out of line. No, I don't want to be friends with you. It's definitely not because I don't miss you. It's insane how much I miss you. It's because I can't just remove four years of intense love for you and see you in a purely platonic way. It would be disingenuous of me if I tried to be your friend. You want to see other people and hook up with other people but you still want to try to keep me in your life somehow. You don't deserve me. You don't get to have me in any aspect. You made this choice and I'm loving myself enough to stand up for myself. I'm better than someone who needs a "break" from me. That's not what love is. Love is understanding that your partner is there for you and will fight through anything with you. I would have done anything for you. I'm mad that I have to move on from you, I'm mad because I deserve someone who will fight for me and you clearly aren't that person. I really, really wanted you to be that person.

I don't want to have a big, long, drawn-out conversation about WHY you think the breakup was justified. I don't know exactly what it is you want to talk about but I know it won't help anything. You should have told me the things wrong with our relationship when we actually had a fighting chance. I would have done anything to save what we had, but you didn't give me a chance. You decided yourself it wasn't worth fixing and ended it. You gave up on us. I would love to talk to you only because I miss you so much. You were my closest friend. But I don't need closure from you and I don't need your self-serving attempt at trying to relieve yourself of guilt. We aren't going to be friends for a long, long time, and I'm going to be mad for a long time.

been a few years now.. i got over it, but i still think of the pleasant memories that i had of us rather frequently. i cant help it. ive been lonely as F ever since it ended. i miss having a significant other. having someone to talk to having someone to hug.. i am lonely and feel completely unloved. devoid of any positive emotion. i wouldnt be writing this but it seems my parents marriage is over. something really bad came out and i think there is no going back. made me think of my first and last time i experienced these devastating feelings of a breakup.. it also means a huge change in my life and plans.. one of my parents who is hurting very much now has never had a good life. went from a sh*tty family to a marriage full of problems and a life they didnt imagine. i feel sad knowing what their life has been and how this sh*t now happened.. FML and theirs too.. i hope depression is not gonna take them from me..

You

You are always in my heart and my thoughts, I check my phone constantly to see if you’ve text, I hope you’ve text. But you never have.

I long to be able to hear your voice, see your face, feel your skin, to hear about your day and the kids. To be part of your life again, would be to mean happiness for me.

I am not sure what has happened as to why this went so quickly this way. The way you can just shut off really hurts. I don’t know if your upset about us splitting up or can even contemplate me and you being together again.

This has devastated me, I’m not telling this for guilt but just to show if there was ever any doubt in your mind how much I care for you. I’ve been signed off work for a week, I’ve not had a day sick in 14 years! I’ve been put on diazapan to stop my anxiety. I’m trying to get back on track.

The urge to call you or come around is intense, I miss you so much I am at a loss as what to do with myself. I have lost not only you but a little family that I felt part of. I would do anything to get that back.

I hope one day we can meet again, rekindle that spark we once had. I want to be your mr C again. And I would very much like you to be my Mrs C.

For now and forever I love you

I miss you. If I thought that I could be what you are looking for I would return your text from yesterday. I'd roll myself out of bed an hour and a half early just like before, walk the lake with you and watch the sunrise light up your hair. But that won't happen today, or tomorrow, and probably won't happen ever again. For all the pain I caused you by wanting to be your answer, I am sorry. If the day ever comes when I believe in my heart that I do have your answers, I hope that life gives us a second chance. A real chance. Please take care of yourself.

I'm okay with your decision.

Love yourself. You're so stunningly beautiful, there is so much to love. Your imperfections are so easy to love, so don't worry. Keep your pictures up, they're stunning. Be proud.

It's all going to be okay. Believe in you, I do. Without question. You're the most capable girl your age I've ever met. Way brighter than I was then haha..

I'm glad you have someone that adores you to help you through these days. You deserve that. And so do I. But I hope you can give yourself that adoration a little more every day too.

I've found myself again, I'm just fighting through the last turbulence of this. I've found the direction I didn't have through most of our relationship. I have my purpose and I'm going to do what I truly want to now. I'm going to help people the way I do best. This decision feels great, and certain. Think I might even get a dog!

I'd love to tell you about it, I know you'd be so happy and proud of me. It's okay cause I know you can feel what I feel when I think of you. So in a way, you'll know.

Gotta think about myself now though. I've got to let go. I want the same relief and to bask in real love again too. I miss that feeling. I'm so grateful you brought that to my life.

Think better of me. Remember me for who I am, before the whole mess. That's who I want you to remember. Cause I'm gonna hold on to the best of you. Deal?

Love you.

I'm so disappointed in you. I am shocked, hurt, and angry about all you've done, but now just utterly disappointed. What is so wrong with you that you resort to only thinking about yourself and putting me on the stage to fight for our relationship? Why do you keep giving up? I hate you for what you've done to us. I will never get over this. We were almost to our wedding. No girl deserves to go through this. EVER.

Although I love you, this person I see right now is not the man I fell in love with. I hope you get help, but for now we are over for good. I don't know if I will ever take you back, I'm not saying never say never, but that right now my trust is completely broken and you have a lot of work to do.

I hope you think of me and realize the wonderful woman you've lost before it's too late.

I am fast approaching 60 days of no contact. I feel very good about where my life is headed. I look back on what we had --and it seems like a distant part of my past life with a different version of myself that doesnt even matter now. Time and distance works wonders. Even though it's only been about 60 days, it seems like 6 months to me.

It took for me to leave you alone completely to become the woman you "wanted" me to be. I transformed from being overweight, depressed, unmotivated and tomboyish-- to eating healthier and in smaller portions, excited about my future, I'm losing weight gradually- no more circles under my eyes, so i wear less makeup now. I wear heels with jeans and blouses a lot. I wear perfume and earrings. Im much more feminine and I just feel good about me now. I wear dresses more than I ever have. Im a 40 year old woman, but I had to mature in my own time and in my own way. I just paid to have a mommy makeover by means of cosmetic surgery this coming spring too. I have stabilized myself mentally, financially and emotionally. I have grounded myself. I had to find myself. Love myself first. So much so, that when me and my new partner discussed becoming intimate, I made the decision to wait because I knew I wasn't totally over you. Now that's real grown woman stuff there. For me it is.

I'm no longer IN love with you. But I have not healed from you just yet. You were the love of my life at one time. That must resolve itself with more time. We had a very intense relationship. We were abusive to each other.

This new man is EVERYTHING that I could EVER want in a partner. He's kind- he's patient, he hardworking, hes gentle and confident. You present yourself as confident to the outside world-- but you are deeply insecure--controlling, untrusting, paranoid and have a huge fear of abandonment. You taught me everything that I DO NOT WANT in a partner- an insecure man who drug me down to your level-- your mind games, your need to control, abuse and diminish your partners self esteem in order to keep them from leaving you is the reason they all leave you. It must make you feel like a loser and a failure to be almost 60 yrs old, and never had a lasting, successful relationship-- while your family members all have been married for 25 years or more. But you will never self reflect, choosing to blame the partners that YOU choose when you are the common denominator in your failed relationships.

The last whole hearted attempt I gave to make our relationship work, I had received $75,000 in my settlement and I was ready to build a life with you.That's why I found it comical that you thought I came back because of your new job. But you revealed what was in your heart-- that I'm just a loser with nothing to offer you and I only came back because I was almost broke. Well I'm far from broke-- but you gave me the closure I needed to take my money and open college funds for my kids, and take my savings and move on. I'm moving soon and once my living situation has resolved, I'm starting out on the right foot with my new partner. I'm doing this right this time. He will be eating my healthy meals in MY new kitchen. We will spoil, love and dote on each other. We will travel together when the time is right. (United Arab Emirates)And it could've been YOU. But if you hadn't been so cruel to me, I never would've given him the time of day. I would've been wasting my life with YOU. I never would've decided to get back in therapy and fix myself so that I can stop attracting abusers. I would've wasted my time on a man who never would see any real value in me.

I'm not talking about you ANYMORE on this forum, or even referring to you as my "ex" in any advice or comments that I may give here. I'm removing you from my mind, spirit and subconscious once and for ALL. I want to give myself and my new partner a fair chance. I'm putting you in my rear view and I'm looking straight ahead. I will make an awesome wife one day when my work on myself is complete. For the first time in my life, I met a man that I'm willing to take a risk with and trust with my heart. I've never been a liar, (just painfully honest) but moving forward, I can truly say manipulation is a thing of the past. I simply won't entertain a man that isn't worth my time. I have closed the door to you forever KW. I hope you find a woman that makes you happy and I hope you wish the same for me.