Post here instead of contacting your ex!

You just texted me. My whole body is shaking, but its a text I was expecting. Just telling me to let you know a time when we can meet to exchange our belongings. It was so cold. A week ago, it would have been "good morning sweetheart, I love you and can't wait to see you". You don't even miss me, and meanwhile I am struggling to hold on.

I know this is what I want. I want to get rid of your things so it can really be over. It is the last thing that will give me an excuse to be in contact with you and to give it away will really mean its done. But I still can't be okay with it.

You just texted me. My whole body is shaking, but its a text I was expecting. Just telling me to let you know a time when we can meet to exchange our belongings. It was so cold. A week ago, it would have been "good morning sweetheart, I love you and can't wait to see you". You don't even miss me, and meanwhile I am struggling to hold on.

I know this is what I want. I want to get rid of your things so it can really be over. It is the last thing that will give me an excuse to be in contact with you and to give it away will really mean its done. But I still can't be okay with it.

I didn;t even get the last of my things he changed the locks anyway but when you are REALLY over someone you don't WANT your things back

In our breakups we'd play that game of "oh well I have to go get my things..." and Id go running back to get them and of course end up back to gether

But this last time, I didn't want anything. I never will go back. I never will ...I can never look at him, it wont ever happen. Then you will know you're truly done.

I didn;t even get the last of my things he changed the locks anyway but when you are REALLY over someone you don't WANT your things back

In our breakups we'd play that game of "oh well I have to go get my things..." and Id go running back to get them and of course end up back to gether

But this last time, I didn't want anything. I never will go back. I never will ...I can never look at him, it wont ever happen. Then you will know you're truly done.

I can see where you are coming from, but he had a lot of nice collared shirts, jeans, two bathing suits as well as a pair of shoes left at my place. That's more than a few t-shirts and a toothbrush. I'm sure this isn't some kind of ploy to see me, he's just selfish and wants his stuff back because he has a sparse wardrobe to begin with/is too broke to buy more.

Admittedly, every fiber of my being wants to believe it is to see me. I responded back, saying after 5 would be best when I am out of work. He said, "You got it". It really pissed me off. I feel like I know the facetious tone he meant it in, too.

I want to get out of this depression. I hate that I loved your voice today, you laughed and it made me want to be with you. This has to stop, it will only boost your self-esteem.

I feel so miserable, I am scared that I will die and my last thought will be for you. How sick is that? I am a fool. I wish I could move to the other side of the worl and get away from you and this flat we lived in together. I may just do it..

I miss you so much... Ok we used to fight all the time and I said so many things that i didn't mean. I look back and I can't believe how mean I was. Makes me so sad. I know we weren't good for each other and you have met someone new. I've met someone too. But I still miss our friendship. I miss the jokes we had. After four years of talking every day... not talking at all feels so hard. I hope time will fix things and we can be friends one day.

I want you back in my life. I feel so scared about the future. I am so lost and so alone. What am I going to do? How am I going to get through this? You still love me so much, you said. Why can't we try. Why does it have to be this way? Almost a year since the big move, and thinking back to the girl I was then breaks my heart. She was so full of hopes and dreams. I would tell her she doesn't know what's coming and that the most painful thing is ahead of her. I don't know if I would tell her not to go, because there have been so many amazing times this year. But oh my god, this pain. The loneliness. The emptiness and total fear of what lies ahead. I just want to be back to myself again. I want to be happy again. I'm crying my eyes out because I just want you with all my heart. It is so broken. I am so broken. I wish someone could just take this pain away.

My eyes are sore from crying. I don't resent you or hold any grudges at all. I wish you had been an awful boyfriend and had lots of horrible qualities cos then it might be easier to be mad and move on. But you are gentle, handsome, patient, kind and loving. I want to wake up from this nightmare. I'm so tired.

A message not to my ex but to the woman who stole him from me:

You disgust me. You are a selfish, horrible person. If you wanted him so much, why did you leave him? You ignored him until you found out he had moved on! You're like a child who plays with a toy, gets tired with it, and throws it away, only to want it again when she sees someone else playing with it. In all of your messages to him, you never once mentioned me. I am just some object to you, just something in the way. I hope you're marvelously happy. I hope it was all worth it. I paid a very high price for your happiness. You make me sick.

My eyes are sore from crying. I don't resent you or hold any grudges at all. I wish you had been an awful boyfriend and had lots of horrible qualities cos then it might be easier to be mad and move on. But you are gentle, handsome, patient, kind and loving. I want to wake up from this nightmare. I'm so tired.

I know, I think the same. It would have been sooo much easier to move on. Instead, I am left to mourn the loss of what could have been. Thanks for your support. I can only offer mine, I know it's not enough...

I don't get it, you're telling me that you don't like seeing me or my mere presence because I remind you of how unhappy you are now...when you've just run away to another freakin' country with your sugar daddy whom you cheated on me and dumped me for?! How the hell can you say that? Seriously... If you're so damn unhappy why don't you try doing the right thing first... You have hurt me over and over again... Where's the justice in that! I won't be surprised if you suddenly married this Guy, he practically has you bought and that hurts me a lot, I gave you more respect that you ever gave me or deserved... And srsly, you have the audacity to go victim on me when you're flaunting yourself like that.GEESH!!!

I'm meeting with a former ex. The one that told me I'm "an amazing woman" , while I was with you. It was a wake up call for me to conclude my ex was more positive about me than you were. Anyway I'm meeting with him again just to see how he is. And if he's changed. If I feel anything at all for him. He was a closed chapter for me and I don't think I'll have any feelings for him again but it's just a friendly meeting. I hope he doesn't get his hopes up

I don't have any longing for making you jealous anymore. That's a good sign I think. I guess I can finally use the word progress again!

I'm making PROOOGRESSSS

All it's taken for me to stop crying is to realize what a dumb@$$ I am that my ex can prob read these posts, lol!! NO MORE TEARS!

Anyway Springs you're sooooooooooooo sweet you remind me of myself, you take everything personally and to heart, you're a very passionate/emotional girl that's how I am too.....we are both very romantic-hearted individuals I wish you were close so I could give you a big hug and a box of kleenex and some beer! Haha...

I don't know how many relationships you've had but if it's any consolation you WILL love again. Your heart will heal. I've been in love and broken hearted before too...and after a couple years I no longer had any feelings at all for them. Yeah it took awhile and that really SUCKS but well look at it this way...

If you got to eat a doughnut and some cookies every day you'd get all used to them and love them and get into a routine.

Now if someone came along and said NO MORE DOUGHNUTS AND COOKIES...................yeah you would cry and kick and scream a month at the most and you might think about the cookies etc but bottom line is, put your thoughts onto something else.

Every time you catch yourself thinking about the cookies you say NO! Don't DWELL or LUST over the cookies, lol...

Don't give yourself much more time to grieve over the loss of the cookies!

Just start focusing on something else so that your mind creates some new memories!

Aw thank you ninja...that is really sweet of you and it made me smile.

I understand all the advice people give, and I give to others...I know what I need to do I just can't seem to actually do it. He is my first love, and my first time and I am so deeply in love with him. I would have done anything for him, and I did...I moved away from all my family and friends cos I was so blind to think that one person could be all I need. I can't let go of him. But I guess I need to be sure that someday the cookies will be a distant memory and I'll move on to ice cream which will be much sweeter and more fulfilling

Most people think it's easier to move on when the ex isn't a bastard but they are very wrong.

It makes is so much harder! My ex is just.. like your ex... " gentle, handsome, patient, kind and loving". He was perfect boyfriend material except for the fact he didn't think we matched. It makes it very very tough to move on. But don't forget love is worthless when it is out of balance. When it doesn't come from 2 sides.

If the love only comes from our side... It's just not good enough. And we can't change that. We really can't. We will have to accept it sooner or later ( for me it's "later" cause I have a hard time moving on)

I know Moonchill...it makes it very hard. The thing is that I know my ex still loves me very much. During the text convo we had on Friday he said he is very sad much of the time, that he cries a lot and dreams about me, that I am so special. Saying these things makes it so hard for me because I just can't understand why we aren't together anymore. We were so happy so much of the time. It was a great relationship. It was nowhere near perfect...I was the initial dumper, just because of his refusal to compromise on a few issues that were important to me. I know and he knows it has nothing to do with not loving each other. That sucks...anyway, deep breath...and exhale...it's good to vent!

Thank you for your support

You're welcome! You can PM me anytime. I think you need to keep in mind that this :

"I was the initial dumper, just because of his refusal to compromise on a few issues that were important to me."

Is an important piece of the puzzle in your story. Don't forget about the things you think are important in a relationship. Times like these, when your weak from heartbreak, make your judgement softer.