Post here instead of contacting your ex!

Even though the pain of your betrayal still lingers alittle, I won't let the past dictate and affect my future. Going to take it one day at a time. I'm so glad I didn't end up marrying you. We were so close though so boyyy did I dodge that gigantic bullet haha. Sad you take engagements so lightly. You shouldn't have proposed on that bridge that day you know? When you didn't mean it. =( I remember you kept bringing it up afterwards, and I was telling you I wasn't sure. You were like 'I'm completely serious and I want to' looking at me so seriously. So I looked back at you and I told you 'ok let's do it' and then you just looked away and went silent. I still remember that.

So when push comes to shove, those words did indeed mean nothing LOL. That actually hurt me you know? Bc I DID want to marry you. I loved you so B. Stupid boy. I wish I could get you out of my mind.

Still cant get you outta my mind. I want to. But it's so hard. I miss you. One day you will realise, perhaps you need to be with other people before you get it. And by then, it will be too late no doubt. Hope you get what you wanted. I know no-one will treat you as i did, or put up with your tantrums. Then you will realise what you had was good, and i will be strong.

Right now i wish i could just forget you.

I doubt you'll ever change, at least not enough for me.

Thanks though, for opening my eyes to many things. You didn't mean to do it, no doubt, but that was one of the few benefits of dating you.

I guess that's all for now. I'm just done thinking about this, it's just exhausting and it's getting kind of boring. I really did waste my time pining over you.

I doubt you'll ever change, at least not enough for me.

Thanks though, for opening my eyes to many things. You didn't mean to do it, no doubt, but that was one of the few benefits of dating you.

I guess that's all for now. I'm just done thinking about this, it's just exhausting and it's getting kind of boring. I really did waste my time pining over you.

Took the words right out of my mouth, Meoww... this is exactly how I'm feeling towards it/him today.

Constatly I think of you

through all the reds, through all the blues

thruogh different shades, through different hues

Constantly I think of you

from out of darkness,through the light

from all my mornings, through my nights

with all my weakness, with all my might

with all my wrongs, with all my rights

behind my courage are many fears

behind my smiles are many tears

At the end of it all,I stand alone

like a King without a throne

I place my heart, my crown upon this shelf

then I stand here, by myself

Your supposedly psychic grandmother told you I would be part of the family. So either you'll come back begging for me, or you'll have to admit that your grandmother cannot actually see the future.

I love your sarcasm. My grandmother thínks she's a psychic too. She says I will marry a spiritual man. Offcourse spiritual, so he will believe her predictions

I'm glad I had the courage to check upon you. Even though I know you will find out about that. Well what the h**. It's ok to care about you. Just don't think you are having a hold on me.

... Ok I'm not a tough cookie. You would have a hold on me if you tried. And the sad thing is.. you don't even have to try that hard. Just an empty text does the trick.

I really do need to get my act together. It's a good thing I'm dating again. It's a strange thing you use the same friend as I am to check upon me. I guess he's our messenger because we wouldn't dare to face eachother would we

I can't wait around for you to make a decision. You have to make up your mind what you want. If I'm not what you want anymore, then simply tell me and we can be done with this. But your words and actions are speaking two different meanings at the moment and I desperately want to believe your words. Judging by your attitude toward me in the past few days, I am having more and more trouble believing them. I need to get away from you because I can't deal with the pain of giving my love to you and being treated with disrepect in return. At least when we broke up I gave you the decency of treating you with honesty and respect. I won't be your booty call any more, I have more self respect than that. Call me when you are willing to work on us, but not a moment sooner.

• Like 1

Its been a week and 4 days since the breakup..

Today has been the worst, because i couldnt stop thinking about you, every little thing set me off again. The urge to contact you has been so large, but then again you * * * * ed me over and dumped me for someone else after 3 years so * * * * that.

You hated family guy, so i spent all day watching season 9. And i forgot you. Only now theres nothing left to watch the urge to say hello has come back.

I wish it didnt end this way.

You jerk, it doesn't take a brain to realise why I'm upset. You may have gotten over it but it is with me every day! I have the scars. I'm trying to get my feet on the ground and all you cared about was when you could next get sex. I am literally haunted by everything. I feel like a lost 5 year old, searching for the person I was.

I hate that you are fine. I hate that you are over it. I hate that you can't comprehend my pain. And I cannot see you for these reasons.

I need to be the * * * * * , because you don't realise you are being the arse

I haven't posted in this thread, for quite awhile. It's been just about 10 months, since we 'broke up'.

You went back to your prior relationship, hoping to make it work, finally. So far, it's still not working for you And. . . thus far, I still love you.

Oh, we are friends. As you have seen, I have gone on with my life, I have things I want to do, things that make me excited about my life, I have friends, plans, I enjoy my children, I've made several new work friends. . . . but I have not been able to get over you. It still hurts just as bad, as it first did. Now you may be changing jobs, and I get to lose you all over again.

I allow you to affect me, so. I have a big race Monday, I've been training for months. And tonight instead of resting I am in great pain, and you are probably chilling at home, not even giving me a thought. That should put things into perspective for me, but I suppose I'm an idiot.

I hate that even though I tried to offer you multiple paths of dating, easing up, living apart, taking things slow, no pressure, anything.....that you just ditched out on this 2.5 year relationship.

I hate that you just dropped the bomb on the day before I start Grad school.

I hate that you suddenly changed and you don't seem affected.

I wish you still loved me. I wish to god that you still loved me.

I wish I was stronger.

I'm going to a therapist tomorrow. Your therapist. How crazy and twisted am I?

I will pretend I don't know you see her, and I know she will pretend she doesn't know who you are. But really, your name is pretty unique. She will know.

I like to just think of the wheels turning in her head as she sees both sides of the story. A therapist is supposed to be an objective third party. But how objective can she be when she knows even more about your decision to break up with me than I do?

This isn't to say I don't want help. I'm primarily going to deal with the tornado of emotions rampaging through my life. But that ulterior motive is still there, lurking.

I wonder if she'll notice it.

I can't believe it's been so long since I last saw you. I still can't decide what on what I would do if I ran into you unexpectedly. I feel like you never really loved me (or anyone for that matter), so I often wish for a real hug from you and to just sit down somewhere and hold your hand. I'd like to feel close to you, but in our relationship you wouldn't let me unless we were playing by your rules, pretending to live in a childish fantasy. I have dreamed of spending just one day together where you meet my emotional needs. I think part of you likes being a bully, since you don't usually get to play that role. That's just one reason I want to stay away from you, you had some serious problems and I wouldn't even know how to begin to approach you.

You disappeared this past year, and I don't know why. Is it because you're so happy in love right now? Considering what I know about her, it just doesn't add up. If you really do love her, then we are definitely not a good fit. I thought you were a more expressive and warm person, maybe you're really not. I knew I could never be with you if you were really like that. I thought who you were at the very beginning of our relationship was who I could expect you to be always. I'm beginning to realize that I could have been wrong about that, that doesn't make it easy either. It's just another wasted relationship, and my failure to meet someone who I am compatible with.

Or maybe you are that wonderful guy who just didn't happen to like me for whatever reason. Something tells me you've changed and become a better person. You have to know that honeymoon isn't going to last if you don't really love her right? I feel like we made this horrible mistake we can never correct. I don't know what I did to you though, in the beginning when I was cold and aloof. Did that actually hurt? You don't seem like you have feelings anyway, and I never trusted you so I don't get why you ever said I broke your heart too. Maybe I really didn't know you, that wouldn't surprise me.

Regardless, I know what you're capable of, and that's why I left. I don't want to know why you're so twisted. I feel like things are so delicately hanging in the balance right now. Maybe you'll end up being faithful but I feel like you are too self destructive. You're not willing to leave yourself vulnerable to someone who might leave you. This is like watching a movie, I need to get a life...Stupid _____, what have you done? You're probably right, the next time I see you, you are going regret what you did, finally, and I'm just not going to be open that. You slammed the door and expect to be able to saw right through it when you see fit but I couldn't allow that.

So back to why I don't really want to see you. I told you don't want you to regret it. I want to fall in love with someone. If I don't, I'll increase the chances of being vulnerable to your manipulation, even if I technically get you. I want something better than what I think you have to offer. I don't want to wake up next to some charming guy who cheats on me once a year, or maybe once every two months, that I can't trust when he's not in my sight. Do you know why? Because we'll never really be close. You have to have as much invested as I do, you don't want that because deep down you don't think you can keep anyone around or you're just a psycho--best avoided, obviously. I don't want to be your wife, a life like that would be a waste.

So if you really love her, then congratulations. If you're still the same guy, then I don't want you either. I'm just so lonely and it just sucks knowing I can't put all my eggs in one basket anyway. I definitely learned I was much too dependent on fulfillment from romance, it's not enough. I'm finally feeling like I'm getting CLOSURE. What a relief!!

Feeling angry at you tonight. I'm angry because I really did want a future with you. But you ruined that by not putting in the effort our relationship deserved and therefore it fell apart. I'm angry because I know you loved me and cared for me, that I believed at least. But you still just let it fall apart. I don't think you were really that invested in our relationship and that is a shame. It's a shame because you lost something great. I have a lot to offer and could have made you very happy the rest of your life. But that won't happen now and can't. I could never be with someone like you again. Someone who is afraid to grow up and therefore pushes a perfectly good woman and relationship to the point of resentment because you fail to keep your promises. Yes I broke up with you and I walked away from the relationship, but what other choice did I have other than to leave or stay and be miserable. I wanted more. I wanted to see you more and be with you more. The driving thing was just a tip of the iceberg. The relationship as a whole went downhill this year and you know it. I miss when we were best friends and soooo happy. I miss that HOPE you gave me when I really BELIEVED you were going to get your license and that you wanted to move in with me. We looked at places together. What a fool I was.

I don't understand why you did this. You told me you loved me, that you could not see a future without me, that I was your soulmate. And now you have left me. Do you even know how bad the pain is? Do you even miss me? How could you let this go so easily, without fighting for it. I don't understand you and I feel sick that i may have spent 3 years with someone i didn't really know. I worked so hard at this relationship, forgave so much, gave so much of myself, only for you to go and do this. I didn't deserve this and I hope someday you will realise just what you've lost.

So here it is 25 days of NC. You said you wanted the same things as me. You said you wanted to work this out, but I lay myself bare to you and nothing. 25 days of nothing. I hate that I'm still hurt by you. You, who I thought was the love of my life. I saw myself growing old with you. But it won't happen because you have walked away. I want to forget you. I want to scrub the last 3 years from my mind and heart. I hurt so much and I want it to stop. I know that the pain today is because of the rejection I am feeling. How could you encourage me to open up and show you all of myself and then quit? How could you tell me that I was the person you loved the most in the world and then decide to stop? I want to stop. I hate that you're stubborn. I hate that you think I wanted out. I hate that your mom thought it was best to tell me to be patient. I don't want to wait. You aren't waiting. You are moving on. You are living your life...ok I'm living mine too but I want you in mine and you don't want me in yours. So that's all the story book has written for us. The End was spelled out loud and clear on August 7th. My heart aches for the loss. I feel like i've been hit in the stomach over and over. I'm lying on the ground and I it feels as if I can't pick myself up. You made me happy. You said I made you happy. What happened? What changed? Why the need to prove you could do things on your own? You are a 39 year old man and you met me when you were 36, for 36 years you were alone. What changed that you didn't want to create a life with me? Is it me? Is it you? Does having someone in your life that you care about and that cares about you really such a scary thing? Why must you do it alone? Alone is scary but easy. Maybe you want easy. I hate myself for being so upset that you are gone from my life. I hate that I have allowed you to make me feel like I'm not good enough. I hate that I feel sick when I realize you have rejected me and moved on. I know deep down that I deserve better then you. I am a beautiful, smart, genuinely happy woman, who will be better then good when it is all said and done. You will be lonely and find that you keep getting older and the 20 something bar * * * * s will start to find you creepy and not charming. I am the one woman who loved you for all of you. I accepted your flaws and found them endearing. I allowed you vent about work and I accepted your procrastination. I am the best thing you will ever have lost. I made you a better man. I will pick myself up. I will be over you. I will be happy and love again. You have not broken me, only knocked me down for a 9 count. Someday I'll do the forgive thing but to day I hate you.

I fell in love with you the first week we hung out. I have never told you this because I was too busy closing off my feelings from my previous relationship and I didn't realize it myself. I know now which is too little too late, but there is a reason for that. Part of me feels that we were meant to be, but my rational side tells me that if that is the case, it will happen. My rational side also tells me to focus on the things that brought conflict into my life and deal with those so I can be happy and in turn be happy with whomever is the right person for me. You are a free spirit. Have your way. Have your life. I love you none the less... maybe more... but I can't be a part of your life and for this I am truly sorry.