Rice Krispie Treats and I'm Outta There

dundermiflin
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

I know I keep posting about this. I just need to talk to somebody and my friends are tired of hearing about it. I work with my ex and it's been 9 months since we've been broken up (my fault). Before we got together, I was nuts about him for years but never thought he'd want to go out with me. When he did, I freaked out and pushed him away. We were so compatible and got along great, but of course he had some (minor) faults and I couldn't let him be human. He didn't live up to my ridiculous fantasies but I adore him just as he is and miss him so much; I'm so sorry I was immature and hasty and I learned a lesson big-time. He's really happy with someone else now.

We can't help that we work together but he's getting rid of me. He brought me back a movie and some DVDs I had forgotten I even lended to him, and he kind of slipped and said something like "This is great! I got rid of all of Megan's stuff too." (Megan's his ex before me). I made the mistake of checking his myspace for the first time in a while and found that the two insignificant photos of me that were tucked under a couple of different folders were deleted. He's trying to get his cubicle moved, and today he cut into a giant Rice Krispie treat I gave him a year ago and brought me a piece. He's been giving it away all day. I know he meant it as a nice gesture but I think I know why he's doing it and it hurt. I think he's making way so she can move in w/ him and they can get married without ghosts of his exes.

I on the other hand am doing great, but still sitting here wondering if I'll ever have that kind of firey chemistry with a nice guy, a good guy that wants to marry me, again. I'm 30 and scared, and I miss him, not just being in a relationship, but him. I can't imagine wanting someone else. I miss the friendship too. I know this topic has come up before, but is it enough to know that you at least got to experience that, though you might not have that again? I'm prepared to live life alone, rather than be with someone who isn't as good, but it's a lonely road. I'm tired of my friends and family pushing me to give someone a chance- I do! Lots of dates w/ the current one. Feel like my heart is dead.

Anyone want to share their stories, please do. I just needed to tell someone that I'm having a down day. Again. lol. Thanks for reading!

AND don't sweat being 30 and single... god... I would love to go back to those days! Anyway I went through a huge heartache about 2 1/2 yr ago... never thought I'd get over it... but you know what - I did!!!!

And, when I was trying hard NOT to find someone... busy living my life and trying to move forward after another failed attempt at love... I found him! Or he found me... or we found each other... IDK - all I know is that I'm 40yr old and I am involved with a really great guy who I met several months ago...

Your life isn't over. I know that you miss him but give yourself some time... none of us knows what the future holds!

Peace and Hugs!

It's hard to believe right now, but you'll experience it again. I don't agree with some people as far as there being so many fish in the sea, just find another one, etc. In my experience, it's not easy to find real love over and over and over. That's why I think good relationships are valuable and worth fighting for. However, it will happen more than once. You're still young with so much ahead of you. Eventually, you'll have that connection again. Remember, it was your capacity for love and intimacy that made your last relationship like that. It didn't just come from him. You carry that potential inside you.

Hey You kind of have to accept people for who they are and not put them on such a high pedistall, I got really close to somone when I was at college I listened to every word she said, she was somthing specile she wasnt perfect but I wouldnt change anything about her, her imperfections were what made her her as well as her better parts. Iv never met anyone like her and I probobly never will, we fell out for a while and I missed her company so much just having somone like that as a friend ment so much to me and I became really depressed for a while.

What Im saying is that just being her friend and being around her was the best time Iv had and I wouldnt trade it for anything, so maybe you should try talking to this guy dont try and seduce him just get to know him on a friendly basis again ask about his relationship get to know him and just be happy that he is happy.

If you cant have him as a partner you can still be happy just being his friend, and you never know you may just meet somone who treats you really well, and you feel even closer to in the future if you give yourself the chance.

Not to belittle your pain... but really... he held onto a Rice Krispie treat you made over a year a go???? I can't imagine it was still good????

lol, seriously, same thing i thought!!! i hope it was packaged or something. i somehow wouldn't really read too deeply into that gesture chopping up the rice krispie. i mean, if i had a giant rice krispie, i would share it too. you can't keep food forever!

anyways.......

i think you need to forgive yourself. you live, you learn. i think you will meet someone new. i always think to myself that i'll never meet anyone again, and then i do, and then it starts all over again. hang in there. you'll find a better match for you!

Not to belittle your pain... but really... he held onto a Rice Krispie treat you made over a year a go???? I can't imagine it was still good????

Ha ha; no, it isn't a homemade rice krispie treat. It's one of those Kellogg's (I think it's Kellogg's) blue-packaged ones, but it is circus-freak sized.

This site is such a blessing. I try so hard not to cry to my friends again; they don't know what to say anymore, but it sucks to keep it bottled up! And then I come here and it truly makes me feel better. Thank you for making me laugh and for the inspirational stories/replies.

It sounds like you need to cut off contact (go NC) to give yourself a chance to heal. This must be hurting you.

Can you leave your job? When we break up with someone, we also have the opportunity to rid out lives of them. You are not giving yourself this chance. How can anybody new come in to your life when you're hanging on to this man?

It's hard to believe right now, but you'll experience it again. I don't agree with some people as far as there being so many fish in the sea, just find another one, etc. In my experience, it's not easy to find real love over and over and over. That's why I think good relationships are valuable and worth fighting for. However, it will happen more than once. You're still young with so much ahead of you. Eventually, you'll have that connection again. Remember, it was your capacity for love and intimacy that made your last relationship like that. It didn't just come from him. You carry that potential inside you.

Jeepers Coolchick, you're so wise

Archived