Ex Advice Please =(

UGH. I feel for you. I will never understand why women can be so happy, then suddenly re-evaluate things into feeling unhappy. Then to say "I need space, not a relationship.. I want to hang out with friends, yadda yadda".. then go on a DATE with another guy... not a ONS (which would have been more consistant with what she said) ... but a date.

I'm sure some might say she is young and wanting to explore.. but come on.. 20 (or 19 or whatever she is) is not young. I've been an adult since I was 14.

IMO, if your relationship wasn't enjoyable enough for her to continue, she should have given you real reasons and ended things in a real way - so that you could move on this summer like she did.

hey

thanks for responding... i've not talked to anybody about the situation really and you have no idea how much of a relief it is to hear you say

"IMO, if your relationship wasn't enjoyable enough for her to continue, she should have given you real reasons and ended things in a real way - so that you could move on this summer like she did."

i've been working 7 days a week during summer, with nothing but time to think about 'what did i do wrong' ... even though i've realised typing this thread, that i actually did nothing wrong...

the reason i've not moved on yet is because of the fact she's not spoke to me about it, and i presumed she would atleast have the decency to tell me that she'd moved on so i could infact try and move on.

i think i've just been holding on to the idea we might get back together just because i like her so damn much, and ignoring the fact that she probably has moved on.

like you say, why not just end things in the real way instead of giving me what is probably false hope.

seeing her is going to be so hard. any advice on what to do? should i just wait for her to contact me when she is back at uni?

if she doesn't contact me, and we see eachother out, what is the best way to act? any ideas.

appreciate your time, you've already helped a great deal in sorting my head out because i've been so confused about everything.

also, your sig... Evan's Blue are one of my fave bands, seen em live before, really like the new album too even though the singer is different! been listening to the song 'show me' a lot actually over this whole situation.

Girls at 20 are no where near adults (not all ofcourse) especially since she has only been with one other " * * * * " before you. She is going to want to explore, try new things.... and you happen to be one of those "new things". Take my word, run away while you still have your balls and dignaty, if not you will be along for the ride for a long long time or until a new b/f shows up.

You are 20 years old you should be out there * * * * ing and having a good time finding out who you are, building your life. Everything else will come later!

• 1 month later...

Archived