I need some help starting this...

Hey guys, for my english class I'm being asked to apply for a scholarship in my class and like every scholarship we have to write a personal statement. Orginally I thought it'd be easy to do, but I was wrong I have no idea how to start it at all. I've been thinking for about an hour now and whatever I come up with I just really can't think of how to start it. Its a scholarship for financial aid at my college that I can apply for. I know what I want to say in my personal statement but I just dont know how to actually start it off, So does anyone have some pointers that will help me out.

I would pick something that you're passionate about or an experience that meant a lot to you and talk about that briefly (Something scholarship friendly, of course--volunteering is good, for example), then just open it up into a more general discussion of you and what you want to do with your life. It's hard to give more detailed advice than that without knowing you better!

If you know what you'd like to major in, you could talk about one of the experiences or people who helped you decide that...

5 Fundamentals When Writing Your CV
5 Fundamentals When Writing Your CV

Archived