I'm so freaking lonely!

jengh

I can so relate to what you're going through though. When I first moved to London I was CRAVING girlfriends so badly.

I ended up going up to visit my cousin at uni in wales and made friends with his friends... it was cool

does your boyfriend have any guy friends who know some girls they can introduce you to? (confusing i know)

I can so relate to what you're going through though. When I first moved to London I was CRAVING girlfriends so badly.

I ended up going up to visit my cousin at uni in wales and made friends with his friends... it was cool

does your boyfriend have any guy friends who know some girls they can introduce you to? (confusing i know)

Well, the thing is...he has SO many female friends...and I mean yeah, I could latch on to them... but they're still HIS friends. I want my own, ones that I can confide in, you know? Does that make sense at all or am I being too picky? I feel like I'm just his girlfriend to these girls.

Well, the thing is...he has SO many female friends...and I mean yeah, I could latch on to them... but they're still HIS friends. I want my own, ones that I can confide in, you know? Does that make sense at all or am I being too picky? I feel like I'm just his girlfriend to these girls.

Cause you are.

But keep at it. I forget that we English can seem... reserved to Americans.

Maybe you can meet your own people through those people?

I know how you feel...I'm lacking in the friend department- sure, I have a best friend, but she lives pretty far away and I don't see her much, and I can't drive. Plus it feels like I'm just burdening people with my depression- I lean on my friends, I'm not actually fun... I live in a small town which makes things more difficult when it comes to going to places to meet people.

I'm in Cheshire, unfortunately about 30 miles from Liverpool and I can't drive otherwise I'd volunteer to be your in-the-flesh friend.

Perhaps you could join a club, or something like that?

..sorry for my not being very helpful. I just wanted you to know you're not alone. I lurk a lot but don't post much, and think Cairo is beautiful. I have a ginger tabby called Monty and he's my baby

Melissa x

Given your limited avenues for meeting people, I wouldn't worry so much about making friends with the boy's friends. Getting to know them doesn't mean you're not making friends of your own. If you put in the effort and start hanging out with them, then what difference does it make if you meet them out by yourself or not? I made some great girl friends through my exes. It was hard to keep in contact with them when we broke up, but it was fun when we all went out together. Sometimes I would even go out with them and leave the boyfriend behind.

Or if you are really set on making your own friends, then check out the local RSPCA if you haven't already. You could volunteer to help look after the animals and meet other animal lovers at the same time

I found an American Expat meetup group and an Young Internationals in Liverpool meetupi group. Joined both. I'm hoping something comes of it. The Expat one is kind of far away, but the Liverpool one is in the city so I could walk easily. A lot of Americans on there in the same predicament as me.

The RSPCA is a great idea. I'll look into that today.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel the same way right now- I've gone through a lot of transitions in my life over the past year or so, and I feel like my boyfriend is one of the ONLY people that I really have anymore. I know that I'm way too dependant, but I'm very depressed over my situation and can't seem to get out of it. I love my boyfriend, but miss the feeling of having close girlfriends...

I'm not in a position to really give advice, but finding a job helps a lot. Also, as lame and cliche as it sounds, so does joining a club of some kind. But you have to remember not to go into those things LOOKING for friends, as strange as that sounds. People don't like people who come off as desperate.

It is REALLY tough though. I know how you feel, and I hope we both get out of this soon.

I resent the comment asking if you understand the scouse accent, its perfectly normal =P

I was gonna say try the RSPCA, they're always looking. The library too, they're not the same as American ones, people don't go to study.

You should google free classes, there are always free classes.

Try Oxfam like someone said.

My dog needs walking too if you wanna do that.. lol

Archived