I'm so freaking lonely!

jengh

Don't get me wrong, I love my boyfriend and I love spending time with him... but I'm SO lonely! I need friends of my own. I miss my friends from home like crazy.

Sure I have bf's friends...but they're just that--HIS friends. I have no friends in Liverpool of my own. I have no way of meeting people, I'm not working or going to school.

I've tried finding places to volunteer at but no one wants me (but that's a whole other thread)

Help How do I make friends? All of my friends from home I've been friends with for years and years and years. I've forgotten how to make friends.

I'm currently laming out and posting an ad on gumtree and craigslist looking for a friend

Suggestions? I'm losing my mind. I need girlfriends.

Don't get me wrong, I love my boyfriend and I love spending time with him... but I'm SO lonely! I need friends of my own. I miss my friends from home like crazy.

Sure I have bf's friends...but they're just that--HIS friends. I have no friends in Liverpool of my own. I have no way of meeting people, I'm not working or going to school.

I've tried finding places to volunteer at but no one wants me (but that's a whole other thread)

Help How do I make friends? All of my friends from home I've been friends with for years and years and years. I've forgotten how to make friends.

I'm currently laming out and posting an ad on gumtree and craigslist looking for a friend

Suggestions? I'm losing my mind. I need girlfriends.

How often do you communicate with your own friends?

Are you currently looking for a job? Perhaps there are networking functions which will allow you to network for work but at the same time you end up meeting new people. Are there "meetup" groups over there? It is interesting about your experience voluteering..I have had the same experience here... organizations cry that they need volunteers but when you approach them about volunteering they don't get back to you!

Go to the student areas and hang out there. Go to gigs and museums ect.

Approach and be approachable.

Quick check: you can understand the scouse accent ok, right?

When I went to uni I had something called a livejournal which helped me link up on the net with other people in manchester and pretty soon they became my club buddies. I actually suggest getting one. I'm sure you can't be the only ex-pat in liverpool looking for people to hang out with.

Haha, no troubles understanding the Scouse accent.

At the moment, I am unable to work in the country. Working on that Visa issues and all that.

I'll be here for at LEAST until January, but it's looking more like March or possibly longer. It all depends. I've applied for leave to remain.

Does anyone know of any good websites for finding interest groups? I'm so desperate for girlfriends

I talk to my friends back home about once a week, sometimes twice. Skype has been helpful, being able to actually SEE them and all.

Gah.

Haha, no troubles understanding the Scouse accent.

At the moment, I am unable to work in the country. Working on that Visa issues and all that.

I'll be here for at LEAST until January, but it's looking more like March or possibly longer. It all depends. I've applied for leave to remain.

Does anyone know of any good websites for finding interest groups? I'm so desperate for girlfriends

I talk to my friends back home about once a week, sometimes twice. Skype has been helpful, being able to actually SEE them and all.

Gah.

Yeah you could start something here on ENA, I am sure you would get a lot of responses...

You know you have my empathy, whole-heartedly. The only friends I have exist apart from me and it gets so lonely and embarrassing being without anyone just for you.

I tried Craigslist, it kind of worked but no one wants to follow through. We just emailed all the time then fell off. I think if you can be assertive about meeting up, CL can work.

You know you have my empathy, whole-heartedly. The only friends I have exist apart from me and it gets so lonely and embarrassing being without anyone just for you.

I tried Craigslist, it kind of worked but no one wants to follow through. We just emailed all the time then fell off. I think if you can be assertive about meeting up, CL can work.

I knowwwww aghhhh it's so frustrating and sad!!

One person followed up when I did the CL thing in the past. I'm trying Gumtree this time. We shall see. Not overly optimistic. I'm so freaking shy and anti-social

I'm tired of being lonely!!!!

Yeah... I mean, in situations like work, I make friends easily...but since I can't work and NO freaking volunteer path is looking optimistic either.. I'm kind of stuck. I don't know. I can't just walk up to a random and ask, "hi! want to be my friend?"

Once I saw a girl in a Fall of Troy tshirt who looked like me. I wanted so badly to say "WE should be friends!!!" but I feared being peppersprayed.

I still wish I had said something.

hahahahaha, I resist that urge to yell, BE MY FRIEND! every day.

I went to the movies alone for the first time and was seeing a major chick movie. It was a saturday night and I felt stupid. Another girl was going to the same movie and she was alone (I was behind her in line). I felt like asking her if she'd like company but I chickened out. What can you talk about in a movie anyway?

how about volunteering at an oxfam store?

also gumtree has worked for me in the past. sure, you get some weirdos, but some people are actually pretty decent.

Is Oxfam a charity store? I could do that for sure. I'm sure there are some in the city center/centre.

I've gone to movies alone, I don't mind doing things alone...It'd just be nice to have girlfriends here

Archived