Ivory_Tower
Whoops - A iRacing #shorts
Whoops - A iRacing #shorts

This weekend I ending up going to this annual party with a bunch of my friends. Well, I drank the punch at the party (no laughs please) and by the time we left I was very intoxicated.

When we got back to where everyone was staying we all started taking shots and watching a football game. I'm really petite, so I was extremely hammered. Well, there was this guy there and he used to hate me. Back when we were just freshman in college I made out with him at a party (we had been hanging out beforehand). Well, I had just been broken up with my my first serious boyfriend and I really didn't have a good hold on my emotional state. The bottom line is, from what I understand this guy really liked me and wanted to date. I got really scared and quit talking to him for a little while. I just didn't want to be hurt again and I told him that. Then, 5 months passed and I started hanging out with my now ex boyfriend. We didn't make it official for a while because at first I saw him as a friend. Well, the other guy was extremely offended by the fact that I was dating my now ex. We hung out a couple of times one on one and would go grab lunch once in a while or run errands together. I don't feel like I led him on because I do the same thing with all of my other guy friends, and he knows this. He felt like I led him on when we would hang out, but I never even touched him because I was with someone.

This past weekend I had been wanting to talk to this guy and clear the air. I wanted to explain a bit more about what I was going through in hopes of being his friend again, and making things less awkward. Well, that never happened. We ended up hanging out in his room and making out all night. Keep in mind that we are both drunk. I guess its safe to assume that he never hated me. I spent the night in his room and he and I talked about what we were and what we should do about the situation (both sober at that point). He said that we could only ever be friends (or FWB's I guess?) because of what had happened in the past. I'm sure he was very very hurt by the first incident and I understand that, but I was with someone the second time we started hanging out purely as friends and he knew that.

I'm just confused. He said he wants to keep seeing me, but at the same time he doesn't. He's worried that "things will get to far", but honestly I think he's afraid I will hurt him again or something. I suppose that is a very valid fear, but I never intended to hurt him. I was just going through a really hard break-up with my first boyfriend the first time we had made out. I did have a lot of feelings for this guy. I was just too hurt to pursue anything at that time.

If you spend time together then eventually he will see you are available for a relationship. Or it will blow up in your face. No risk, no reward.

What are the possible ramifications?

I understand that he was hurt by me once before, and that is why he could be hesitant to get into anything serious. I even understand why he wouldn't want to date me.

I've always had a thing for this guy.

What are the possible ramifications?

I understand that he was hurt by me once before, and that is why he could be hesitant to get into anything serious. I even understand why he wouldn't want to date me.

I've always had a thing for this guy.

Well, let's say you spend enough time together for you to develop deeper feelings and then he decides that the person he waited and pined for isn't really you after all. Then your relations with him will have turned and it will be your turn on the outside.

Well, let's say you spend enough time together for you to develop deeper feelings and then he decides that the person he waited and pined for isn't really you after all. Then your relations with him will have turned and it will be your turn on the outside.

I see what you mean. I would essentially be in the same position as he was. I suppose I'm not TOO worried just because I could understand if that happened.

How can I avoid not getting hurt? Just not get my expectations up too high?

I see what you mean. I would essentially be in the same position as he was. I suppose I'm not TOO worried just because I could understand if that happened.

How can I avoid not getting hurt? Just not get my expectations up too high?

I don't think there's any way to avoid being hurt in relationships which are imbalanced besides balancing them or leaving. Now, this was all conjecture except for the fact that he mentioned being friends.

I don't think there's any way to avoid being hurt in relationships which are imbalanced besides balancing them or leaving. Now, this was all conjecture except for the fact that he mentioned being friends.

Very true. I suppose that if we are "friends" but continue to hang out or make out that would make us "friends with benefits", right?

Very true. I suppose that if we are "friends" but continue to hang out or make out that would make us "friends with benefits", right?

If there are benefits then that's what it would make you. Why not try staying sober enough to forgo the benefits for a little bit and see if you really like him as a potential bf after all?

If there are benefits then that's what it would make you. Why not try staying sober enough to forgo the benefits for a little bit and see if you really like him as a potential bf after all?

Thats a solid idea. I believe that we both weren't in the best state when this happened. Its just strange though. I mean, he's the first guy I've kissed or done anything physical with since my last ex 4 months ago. This guy is one of three people that I've kissed in my entire life. The other two were serious boyfriends, and a long time ago he was a potential boyfriend. I'm a little surprised that I let things progress as far as they did with him.

There have been other opportunities to date people as well as to kiss or make out with them. I have turned them down everytime. I've been drunk once or twice and still turned guys down.

Thats a solid idea. I believe that we both weren't in the best state when this happened. Its just strange though. I mean, he's the first guy I've kissed or done anything physical with since my last ex 4 months ago. This guy is one of three people that I've kissed. The other two were serious boyfriends, and a long time ago he was a potential boyfriend. I'm a little surprised that I let things progress as far as they did with him.

There have been other opportunities to date people as well as to kiss or make out with them. I have turned them down everytime. I've been drunk once or twice and still turned guys down.

I didn't in any way, shape, or form mean to imply that you are in the habit of getting drunk and making out randomly. I vaguely remember doing that once or twice myself when I was around your age, it's not a crime and it doesn't diminish your chances of having meaningful relationships unless you let it.

I didn't in any way, shape, or form mean to imply that you are in the habit of getting drunk and making out randomly. I vaguely remember doing that once or twice myself when I was around your age, it's not a crime and it doesn't diminish your chances of having meaningful relationships unless you let it.

Oh not at all. I didn't mean to imply that you did. I was just giving what I thought was more information about the issue. I'm just really tired, sorry!

Oh not at all. I didn't mean to imply that you did. I was just giving what I thought was more information about the issue. I'm just really tired, sorry!

No worries.

I hope your path to figuring out if you would truly like this man as a bf is a direct one from here on in.

Archived