I know a girl who got raped

Dasher10

And it was by a close friend of hers. Her boyfriend broke up with her so there's nobody to protect her. She already has one stalker who's threatened to kill her in her hometown. She has a gun and two pitbulls but I'm still worried about her. She's told the police about the stalker but not the rapist but they didn't do anything for her. She lives in a different state from me and she doesn't have the finds to move out. Even if she did, she's currently unemployed so she needs to rely on family members for her bipolar meds.

1. What can I do as a friend?

2. What can she do to protect herself?

Even if it isn't injurious but gives a warning signal? Because that is what I meant.

I would check it out with local laws and ordinances first. It would probably be better and more effective to have a proper two way alarm system installed by a reputable company.

I would check it out with local laws and ordinances first. It would probably be better and more effective to have a proper two way alarm system installed by a reputable company.

I was trying to come up with ideas that were 'low budget' since that was a limitation stated by the OP. If she had money, she'd probably leave town.

Hardware stores sell door alarms pretty cheaply. I have three. They work like clockwork. So I would investigate those and some other barrier-type security methods.

But she also really needs counselling to deal with all this and to reason it all out with someone else.

That's a much better idea than mine.

Archived