my girlfriend and i have been dating for about a year and half now. its gotten really serious and we have discussed our future together very seriously. getting an apartment together, getting married, not having children (our preferences), being together forever because we are in love. however i am a very insecure person and I feel like she could just pick up one day and leave me. especially because im a girl, right now, and i think before i start my life as a male, she will up and leave for a hot guy way hotter than me. she tries to tell me she loves me and wants to be with me forever and that i am everything to her. i just cant let myself trust her. its really affecting our relationship because ive tried to break up with her like three times because i dont believe that she cares about me. I am screwing everything up and i dont want to lose her. but i feel like I cant be in a relationship where i dont believe the other person?

and ps. shes three years younger than i am, and lets just say, were young.

Forever is a big word when you are very young, I think it is time to not take life so seriously and not think in such serious terms. Do yourself and especially your gf a favour and have some fun. You're probably wrong to expect any serious commitment and probably not being fair to her.

oook.

You are young aren't you.

Look, relationships when you're young are good practice, but then you start to grow and change and you grow apart. It happens. But you can still enjoy it as it happens.

I think you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself and her that will make you both miserable.

Fact is though, no matter how old you are, no matter who you are in a relationship with, insecurity is poison. You need to sort it out before you can have truly mature relationships (and that's true whatever the person's age).

yes i agree that were young but she had to grow up really really fast. she has had a lot of family problems since she was about 3, and now even thought shes 16 she has the mind and wisdom of a 30 yr old. and i am way older for my age than i come off to be. neither of us is our age, definitely. we have had serious talks about our future and what each of us expects. we know were going to have difficulties, we already have had serious serious difficulties and came out of it bruised and broken but built ourselves back up, alone, and together. im not how to get rid of my insecurities. ive always felt this way about relationships. am i not sure of myself? is my low self esteem really the bigger problem? i wanna keep this relationship going, and she does too but i dont wanna ruin it becuz im insecure.

Archived