5 months on absolute NC but still thinking of her

pdoog

So today is a weird day, It has been 5 months of NC and 6 months since breakup. I have been doing really well these last 4 months, I have kept the thoughts and memories of her in check, but today I feel like crying my eyes out. I have not felt like this in a long time and I do not know why it has come on today. I truly miss her today and can't seem to get past it. I hope I feel better tomorrow because I do not want to go down that painful road again.

So today is a weird day, It has been 5 months of NC and 6 months since breakup. I have been doing really well these last 4 months, I have kept the thoughts and memories of her in check, but today I feel like crying my eyes out. I have not felt like this in a long time and I do not know why it has come on today. I truly miss her today and can't seem to get past it. I hope I feel better tomorrow because I do not want to go down that painful road again.

Pdoog,

Its normal for you to feel this way...I am so proud of you for remaining strong and for not contacting her in four months that is very brave of you.

If you want to cry then do so, do whatever it is you must in order for you to overcome the hurdle that in front of you today.

Remember try to stay strong, you have been doing it for 4 months, it might not seem like a big deal to you but if you think about it that's 120 plus days of no contact. Time will help you, time heals all wounds.

On days like these try to keep yourself busy I know it sounds crazy but of you try to keep your mind busy it might be a little harder for you to think of her.

Remember that you can always come here and post as much as you like, I am sure you will see that everyone here is here to help you as much as they can. Stay strong you can do this...

The only reason I can see that might of triggered these feelings is I had a friend in from out of town I hadn't seen in a few years, and he was asking about the situation and I guess just reliving everything in my mind has brought it up.

Break up grief comes in portions. If all the grief would fall on us at the time of a break up we would break ourselves. It does come in portions. The fact that it came now to you means only one thing - you became strong enough to deal with it. You made a few important and necessary steps up on the road of healing. It is absolutely normal. It doesn't mean that you made a mistake breaking up. It is okay, it will go away.

You can make it - the hard part is over. You are home free. It's okay to grieve every now and then, but you've made it. Put it in the past and keep moving bro!

Archived