How to stop being nervous or shy around guys I like??

Princess_Jade

I always have this problem with guys. I'm too scared to show my emotions or let a guy know how I'm feeling so I usually don't show it. Or if a guy is showing interest, I'll try my best to not smile, or anything. I don't know why I do this?? Usually it's because of my nerves, I'm afraid of misinterpreting something and making myself look silly.

Like yesterday, I was at the mall and I caught the eye of this really cute guy staring at me at a clothing store.I can tell he was at least attracted to me because he was smiling at me and looking at me all googoo eyed. Instead of me approaching him or acknowledging that I was attracted to him to. I look away and pretend that I'm looking at some jeans. Then he even walked over to talk with me. I couldn't even look him in the eye. So I was basically acting uninterested when in reality I was.

How can I build more confidence and me more flirtatious with guys I like. How can I relax and stop being less tense?? These are areas I need to work on. I can't tell you how many times I let go of potential boyfriends due to my shyness.

I think when people are just starting out with dating, in male-female encounters they feel like they need an "out" immediately to give themselves time to think and gather themselves and figure out what they want to do and how to approach a person. This might be what you're facing, you're avoiding eye contact to give yourself an escape. He did talk to you, and I think you could've created an out with exchanging phone #s, IM screen name or emails. The latter ones online can help you build up conversation and confidence with him without being afraid that your body language isn't right or your voice doesn't sound right or something.

Honestly, guys don't care if you look awkward while approaching them. We usually think it's cute

What I've had to do is just treat guys as friends or just people. Like, not even think about them as potential boyfriends. Otherwise I get way too nervous! It's actually worked really well for me. I have a lot of confidence now and am totally fine talking to or flirting with guys.

Archived