Would you marry this guy? Possible cheater..?

Crystal99

No way!

I'm not responding to your question, but I am just shocked you would even need to ask the question. I suppose you must have loved him very much and are in the "Denial" phase of the Kübler-Ross_model.

My advice- be strong and preserve your dignity. If you even hint that you would consider "working it out" or "forgiving him" blah blah blah, you will be his doormat. A guy can not respect a woman who does not respect herself.

I am just very hurt and confused. Why would he do this??? Is he mentally ill??

He told me two days ago to go shopping for promise rings-just like that after all of this. My heart says to stay and believe he loves me, but my brain is saying, "Get away, run Crystal!!"

Then again, I have been living a lie since day 1. And don't you all think that if the other two had not dumped him he would have been still seeing them too?

Has anyone else had an experience like this that actually turned good? I mean marriage would not make him change would it?

You are not confused, you know EXACTLY what you need to do. The problem is that you are weak right now and begging for him to feed you lies (sweet little lies) so you can rationalize to yourself a reason for staying. No self-respecting woman would put up with this...none! You know this.

You are struggling with determining how far down you are willing to lower your standards to stay with this guy, pretend everything is ok, and still feel good about the face you see in the mirror. You will not change him, it doesn't matter how strong your love is. Please don't be one of those oblivious women who think that they can change a man with their "love." Bleah! If you allow yourself to be used like a doormat, and not stand up for yourself, you will receive the treatment you deserve. Women have the love life they are willing to settle for, and it sounds like you're willing to settle for the scum at the bottom of the barrell. What do you think that says about you to him and the people around you?

• 3 weeks later...

Run as fast and as hard as you can away from that man. Take it from someone who married a cheater. Nothing will erode your self esteem, security and peace of mind faster than being married to a cheater. Run while you still can. Especially before he ruins your life, and any possible future childrens lives.

ITS NOT WORTH IT!! You are far better off being single and happy than being married (stuck) and miserable.

Archived