comment from mom

troytoburn

If your mom told you this, how would you feel?

"Well, if doesn't seem to be interested in you, you must basically have a sense of why that's the case, right? Think about it. Maybe it's something you need to change about yourself."

I just kind of stammered a "er... yeah... maybe..." I guess I understand what she means but I feel hurt by the comment...?

She's trying to be constructive.

But, you need to accept that a lot of the time, NOTHING is wrong with either of you, you just aren't each other's cup of tea.

If you are consistently having problems with boys, you might want to look at what you might be doing wrong.

If this is a one time thing, or has only happened a few times, I'd write it off as he just wasn't feeling you and that you're perfectly fine.

I just kind of stammered a "er... yeah... maybe..." I guess I understand what she means but I feel hurt by the comment...?

yes perhaps you feel a bit offended, you should deal with objective criticism at home or the workplace for what it is..have you taken her advice and had a good look at yourself..do you think you have any flaws, do you know how you project yourself to others? are you confident. fun. talkative.. ask your Mum nicely what she means and how she sees you, and what she thinks you could improve on, Life is about growing both physically and emotionally.. our personalities alone are often the most major thing apart from beauty that attracts others..turn this comment into one that you take seriously and sit with your mum and ask her. this advice in itself is sound, good advice..you can turn this into something positive.im sure your mum has your best interests at heart and would happily use her wisdom to and life experience to advise you dont let this comment hurt you..not at all. we rely on our parents for honesty.. turn it into something you want to investigate and discover and make up your own mind if there is more to this. ...it is not by any means a harsh comment...

She's trying to be constructive.

But, you need to accept that a lot of the time, NOTHING is wrong with either of you, you just aren't each other's cup of tea.

If you are consistently having problems with boys, you might want to look at what you might be doing wrong.

If this is a one time thing, or has only happened a few times, I'd write it off as he just wasn't feeling you and that you're perfectly fine.

I agree, your mum is trying to be constructive. It might not be that you're doing something wrong there, but that you've missed doing something.

My mum once tried to tell me to be a bit sexier with my bf! She was hanging out the washing and turned to me and said, "You don't wear these ugly things when you stay overnight do you!?!" And threw a pair of "comfy" knickers at me. MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My (step) mom told me and her own daughter one day as we were walking on the beach, "the problem with you girls is that you're always attracted to the best looking guys when you're average looking girls. You need to go for the average looking guys!"

Ah, another "constructive criticism" gem!

Archived