He's a flirt?

Elizzy09

So a little backstory; my boyfriend is a year younger than me and still in school which we both used to go to. Its a fairly small school, one of those where everyone knows everyones business.

I visited all the people from my old school at a party the other night with my bf. Now at this point i should explain, he is so devoted and caring and has very good morals. He would never cheat, he is just one of the best guys ive ever known. But, one by one, each of the girls i know came up to me at the party saying what a flirt he was around girls. Now, i have always thought he was friendly, he's one of those guys that just has to be friends and nice to everyone. But, i hadnt really ever considered it real flirting.

Should i be worried? How can i handle these people telling me this stuff and my thoughts now?

If it doesn't bother you then I would just say "Thanks for the comments" and move onto another topic. It's really more about how you feel about his behavior than anything else. If you trust him and don't find his behavior inappropriate than there's nothing to worry about.

Some people are like this.

My guy is one.

He doesn't consider it flirting, and his intentions are certianly not to send off the wrong impression.

But sometimes people do.

But I have noticed that its people that truly don't matter, that don't know me, him or our relationship, that feel the need to speak up and comment.

It used to bother me in the beginning because I thought that it made me look stupid or foolish to be with this guy who naturally charmed females, and females thinking I must be stupid to not realize...but upon speaking to a good friend, asking her opinion, what she thinks, or if others said...she laid it out pretty clear that anyone that knows us, him and our relationship would know that its just him, who he is, and would know how crazy he is about me, how much he talks about me, isn't afraid to say he's taken and proudly shows me off.

He hasn't changed in 6 years, I don't think he will.

All that matters is what goes on between us, our relationship, and those closest to us.

I could give a crap about what others are saying or thinking.

well if he really is flirting, i have a problem with that...

Do you see him flirting? I'd watch his behavior and see what he does. If you see it then go ahead and talk to him about it. But I'd hesitate to judge based on other's comments- did they give you specific examples that you can ask your bf about?

Hmm...well I do find it a bit concerning that not one, but several people have said he is flirtatious. At the same time, I have known many people that are flirtatious and it does not by any means mean that they are going to do something inappropriate. It is just the way some people are.

Why are these girls telling you this? What an odd thing to say. Sounds like they are making drama, I would be pi**ed off with them and would just think they were jealous.

PS. Everyone flirts to some degree and like another poster said, it is definitely relative.

Archived