My friend has been cheating with me for 2 yrs..

Becks

I have a friend who I dated shortly over 2 yrs ago. We were dating for about 2 months. I had just met him then, and was instantly smitten. He had just gotten out of a relationship, which I knew I shouldn't have gotten attached to him, but I did. He constantly fought with his ex (they have a child together) and would tell me about it. I didn't mind, I thought that meant we were getting "close" because he felt like he could confide in me. Then when she started telling him that she missed him, he stopped seeing me because he was "confused". We remained friends, and he eventually got back together with her. I was upset, but understood because they had a history and a baby. I had every intention of staying friends with him. We would randomly talk online or text messages. We hung out a couple times over the next few months, all of which were strictly platonic. Then one night he calls me at 2am, drunk, asking me to pick him up from a bar, saying he can't drive. I do this, and back at my apartment he tries to hook up. I stop him and say that we shouldn't, that he's drunk and would regret it in the morning. We go to sleep. Morning arrives and he starts talking about his gf. How it kind of sucks to be back, etc. He then kisses me. And we ended up sleeping together. I felt horrible. We talked a few days later and decided it would never happen again. His gf and him eventually broke up, for good this time, about a year and a half ago. We had gotten in an argument and stopped contact for 8 months. We eventually started talking again, and he had a new gf. We became friends again, and were hanging out almost every weekend while she was working. (Strictly platonic.) Near the end I think we kissed once. This past October we stopped talking again because his gf didn't like him hanging out with me. June we started talking again. We've hung out twice so far. The first time we went to a bar, and did kiss goodnight. He was telling me how he was "done" with his relationship because his gf is crazy. (She hides in bushes to spy on him and things like that.) He said he didn't like her, and wants her to move out. Fast forward to present time, he still has not left her. They do fight constantly though. And we hung out last week and slept together. He's cheated on 2 different girlfriends with me now. Now, my question is....why does he keep coming back to me? Why would he take the risk. He knows how I feel about him, I have told him that I never got over him, and that I still care a lot. Does he give a crap about me at all? Or am I just someone for him to use when his relationship is going to crap? I know I should forget about him, and move on. Why do I want a relationship with someone who clearly cheats on his girlfriends? We've been at this for 2+ years and I just keep getting hurt. I haven't talked to him since he was here last week and I'm upset about it. I don't deserve any sympathy, I know this. What I am doing is wrong. But love is so, so blind. Heart wins every time over head.

Get out as fast as you can and don't look back. This guy is a complete and total loser who can only put you in second place. He tells you what you want to hear, he'd leave his kid and his girlfriend, but it looks like after a few years he still couldn't.

He's having his cake and eating it. Do you want to always feel like leftovers whenever things don't go well with his gf? Don't put yourself in that position. You can get out of it. Stop talking to him. Ignore him. Refuse everything he says. Find a man who will treat you like first place and will never go around cheating behind your back and such. What a disgusting man.

I was going through the same thing girl!!! The best thing for you to do is get out... if he truly cared about you and wanted to be with you, then he would!! He is just playing you because you give him what he wants everytime= sex.

Do not sleep with him anymore.. have better respect for yourself. You are supposed to give yourself to someone who LOVES you unconditionally, not just when his girlfriend is "crazy"..

I believe this "crazy" girlfriend has a reason to spy on him from the bushes!! If he cheats on her with you, then truth is he is probably cheating with other people too.

Im sorry about your situation, but you can get yourself out of it.. just tell him "No More".

Move on, chick. its the best thing to do.

best wishes

I'm sure that he's telling these other girls that you're crazy, and he's going to leave you too...that's how these sleazebags operate.

Nothing good will ever come from this, he'll drag you down to absolutely nothing, and someday you'll look back, and wonder where your life went.

It may not be easy, but you know what you have to do...and never look back.

Take care...

him, I have told him that I never got over him, and that I still care a lot. Does he give a crap about me at all? Or am I just someone for him to use when his relationship is going to crap?

He may well like you but YES he is definitely using you. So after his other relationships start getting stale he seeks you out for fun and friendship and hopefully sex on occasion..men that bag a woman they are currently with, are nothing short of disrespectful , disloyal and best avoided.. A man that will constantly use criticising a current girlfriend to one he hopes to shag just to make you feel more special in the moment[,/B] even more so when he clearly wants just sex is just plain sleazy. have you ever wondered why his girlfriends do not trust him...he seems to be out an awful lot... he is not at home working on his relationship but rather is out getting drunk, hanging with other women (you) and seeing what he can replace his current problems with for the night, then off he goes back home.... A big yuk to this guy..lose him...

RUN, RUN, RUN!!!!!!

This guy is absolutely using you, as it seems he has a habit of doing with all of the women in his life.

Just a sidenote-- but if his most recent gf was acting remotely "crazy" or 'paranoid' , it was likely because she's rightly picked up on red flags, but been unable to pin them to this slippery and manipulative guy. In fact, he sounds like the exact sort of cretin that could prey on unsuspecting women and drive those poor souls bonkers.

Point in case: you're not even his girlfriend, or treated that well by him, and here you are saying that you love him?

Count your blessings that you're not the poor woman who shares a child with him (a child, a home, or anything that could be used as a means to hold on to you).

Cut loose from this loser and don't look back; he's not worth the dirt you walk on.

What you need to remind yourself whenever he is tempting you is: People do what they want to do.

So what he wants to do is have a steady girlfriend, and then see girls on the side whenever he is bored or angry with his girlfriend. He forms triangles for his own convenience.

And also remind yourself that he has had ample opportunity to make you his girlfriend, and he chooses not to... he keeps choosing someone else. So I am sad to say you are and will always be his backup plan. He may 'choose' you because he knows you will sleep with him and build his ego even if he is with someone else. So you're convenient and easy to fit into what he needs, which is a safety valve to blow off steam from whomever is his current relationship.

I don't think this is about 'love' on his part, because he doesn't seem to operate from love but from convenience. He will drag you back in whenever he needs a confidant or some sexual variety, but when the girlfriend demands it, off he trots again.

And honestly, his girlfriend has good reason to be hiding in bushes spying on him, doesn't she? He's a cheater, and you know it. Even if you did get promoted to girlfriend, he'd cheat on you the same way, just with someone else.

The truth is there is nothing in this for you... except being second best to his latest girlfriend. He really is using you and offering you nothing but a distraction from you looking for a REAL boyfriend who will treat you with respect and be there for you all the time, not just once in a blue moon.

If he liked you in any deep way he would have left her and the other gf,noone is holding a gun to his head telling him to stay with anyone.He is going to you when his relationships get boring or he needs an ego boost.Walk away from it, I know you have strong feelings for him but they won't ever recede till you get away from him.

I wonder why his gf hides in the bushes to spy on him......oh wait! It is because he cheats on every girl he has ever been with, including you. Yes he is cheating you out of your own life, or to put it better, you are cheating yourself out of a life.

I would bet you are not the only girl on the side he has. I hope you used a condom at least.

To answer your question as why he keeps coming back. It is because he knows he can and you will be there waiting to sleep with him and make him feel better. Then it is back to his other life, you know the one without you in it.

Until you decide you don't want to be used anymore it will continue. Whatever you do do not start a "real" relationship with this liar, cheater, user and on and on.

Lost

What To Do If They Cheat - Do this ...
What To Do If They Cheat - Do this First

Archived