No social life

IndieLover

Hello,

I am on here because.....

I have no friend, nor does my dad.

All we have at the moment is my dad's girlfriend, but he is certain their relationship will end soon. I am not going into the reason for this though.

Once their relationship ends, I feel we'd both effectively be dead.

And it's not about a relationship break-up (as it's not even my relationship), the break-up itself is nothing.

It's that we have no social life at all so losing her will mean we lose everything.

It also isn't very likely my dad will find someone else.

Also, I am autistic so my father needs to live with me until he dies to look after me.

I don't want my father to die, not by any means, but I feel I cannot live with him for that long!!!

Have you tried assisted living? My cousin has cerebral pulsy and is very much limited physically and mentally yet she lives a healthy life. She even has a dog.

She can't speak. She can't drive cars. She has problems walking. She has little function of most of the left side of her body. Yet, she managed to get a very nice boy for a husband. She lives on an army base with him.

Hello,

I am on here because...not by any means, but I feel I cannot live with him for that long!!!

The first thing I would do if I were you is begin investing into better understanding of yourself and your situation. Try to mull over why your relationship with others is the way it is by keeping track of what others do in order to establish and maintain relationships. Use some of the found positives and model after those and your capacity for friendships will increase. Of course, this will take a lot of practice and patience and this stuff won't happen overnight, but with a little time and effort, I doubt that nothing good will evolve from it.

Secondly, it may be a good time to express your feelings with your father and convey to him that this is an issue which requires immediate attention by possibly exploring ways to fix it with the help of a relationship counselor of some sort. The two of you obviously have each other, but like you said, you're fearful of losing him for obvious reasons. While I would not start worrying about his passing yet as I'm assuming he has no immediate health problems at present, I would begin making strides toward a more independent lifestyle in the affect that you wish to make your life better. So doing what debaser_wolf mentioned is a possible route in this. I would also bring these matters up with a mental health professional and see what that person says (given, of course, nothing prevents the two of you from getting help of this sort).

Please try to keep your chin up, though, in spite of it all. Life goes on whether you never find friends or wind up being forced to live without your father. You will find a way to move forward in happiness given you keep fighting to achieve that type of lifestyle. Never stop trying. It's the only thing that you have at your disposal that will undoubtedly determine your own success.

Darling don't feel guilty because your dad is there for you, he loves you, if you leave how do you think he will feel, you have each other now. It would be really lonely if you were also to leave him. Why don't you look for a hobby "activity" the two of you can get involved in, something the two of you can do and to meet some people.

How old are you?

Why I Have No Friends - Horror Dar...
Why I Have No Friends - Horror Dark Web Stories - Creepy Story Time videos - Darkpedia

Archived